Platonic and Romantic pt. 3 (request)

I don't own Marvel, so obviously not everything goes my way. :(

This was a request by @Jae_Army I hope you enjoy!

Warnings: Grief and Survivor's guilt. I honestly don't remember if May was alive before in this one, but she's not now!

Tony stopped talking and placed a hand on his chest. The businesspeople glanced at him, but no one got to say anything before he was pulling out his phone and frantically dialing someone.

"Kid? What's wrong? Come on, tell me. I can't do anything until I know." He pleaded into the phone.

The businesspeople couldn't hear much through the phone from where they were sitting, but they all heard a heart-breaking sob echo through the phone's speakers.

Tony listened, before his face dropped in grief and concern. "It's not your fault. You couldn't have done anything."

Another few seconds passed, and Tony shook his head. "May wouldn't want you to blame yourself for her death. It wasn't your fault."

Two more seconds, and Tony was striding out of the room, leaving the meeting behind. "I'm coming, kid. Just hold on, okay."

They heard muffled sounds of him comforting whoever was on the other side of the phone as he practically ran down the hallway, and then there was silence.

-/-/-

Tony was missing in action for several days after, and the next time he came to a meeting, his eyes were red-rimmed and he seemed tired.

Halfway through the meeting, a crying kid ran in, and Tony opened up his arms. "Kid."

Immediately, the businesspeople knew that this was the kid on the phone the other day. He sobbed into Tony's chest.

"I should have saved her-I could have-"

"No, kid. If you had gone in, you both would have died, and that isn't right." Tony ran his fingers through the kid's curls gently. "Come on. Let's go watch a movie and calm down."

They left, the meeting once again forgotten.

The End.

I hope you enjoyed!

Bye!