Replaced (request)

A/N: I don't know why I'm still writing these. I don't own Marvel.

This is a request from @Nat_aka_Black_Widow. Hope this is good!

"Dad! I'm home!" Peter dropped his backpack off at the door, and went to the living room.

"Hey, Pete." Tony gave his adoptive son a hug, before grabbing his shoulders and turning him to face another teenager who was standing awkwardly next to Tony. "Peter, meet Harley Keener. Harley, meet my son, Peter."

"Hi, Harley!" Peter grinned happily, and extended his hand to the other boy. Tony had told him stories about the boy who had saved his life, and he was happy to meet him.

Harley reluctantly shook Peter's hand. "Hey."

"Dad, is it okay if I go out a little earlier today? I don't have homework." Peter gave his famous puppy eyes to his mentor and father-figure. Tony caved almost instantly.

"Okay, but be back by curfew."

-0-

Peter came back several minutes past curfew. He expected to see his dad waiting for him with that look, the one that said Peter was in big trouble.

He wasn't there.

Peter didn't expect to be disappointed. He figured he'd gotten off easy this time, and shouldn't be upset about that. But ever since Aunt May died, Peter needed constant reassurance that Tony was there for him. Sometimes that meant getting in trouble just to see if Tony would notice and punish him.

So Tony not being there, waiting for him...

Peter shoved the thoughts out of his head and went to see his dad. He managed to find him in his lab with the kid from earlier. Harley was his name. Peter reminded himself.

"Hey, dad! I'm just going to bed. Thought I'd tell you." Peter slipped into the lab and smiled shyly at the two people already working.

"Oh! I thought you'd already gone to bed." Tony replied, somewhat sheepishly. "Sorry, kid. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight." Peter sighed, worried about his dad. Tony always knew where he was. It wasn't like him to forget.

->-

Slowly but surely, Tony became less and less aware of his adoptive son, and spent more time with Harley. Peter tried to act like it didn't hurt, but it did. It hurt a lot.

One day, a month after Harley had shown up, Peter walked into the living room, not bothering to call out to his dad who he assumed was in the lab with Harley.

He was shocked, but sort of happy, to see Tony waiting for him with a disappointed look on his face. He didn't know what he did, but he was glad Tony was noticing him again.

"Peter. Harley told me you bullied him the other day." Tony frowned at his adoptive son.

Peter scrunched up his face in confusion. He hadn't really interacted with Harley since that first day. There was no way he had done something that could be confused for bullying. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Tony just glared at him. "Get out."

"W-What?" Peter looked up at his dad, confusion written clearly over his face.

"Get out. Go to your aunt's house. I don't care. I'm not having a bully around." Tony turned around without another word and left.

Peter ran out of the tower crying. He ran all the way to his old house in Queens, then collapsed on the sidewalk.

"Kid? What's wrong? Do you need help?" Someone crouched down next to Peter. He couldn't tell who it was, because his sight was blurred with tears. They sounded nice, though, so Peter leaned towards their hand on his shoulder.

"My-my dad kicked me out and-and I-I don't know w-why." Peter forced out around sobs.

"Oh, kid." The person turned away for a moment to yell to someone behind him. "Yo, Steve! Come here."

Peter rubbed his eyes and realized that Captain America was now standing over him with a concerned look on his face. The man who he had been talking to, now revealed as Hawkeye, hurriedly explained the situation.

"Who's your dad, kid?" Steve squatted in front of Peter, who was still sitting on the sidewalk.

"T-tony Stark."

Clint growled slightly at the name, then pulled Peter into a hug. "Can we keep him?"

Peter laughed softly as Steve chuckled and agreed. "Only if the kid wants."

"I won't be a bother?" Peter asked nervously.

"Of course, not."

-()-

The rogue Avengers took Peter in and became his new family. At some point, Tony had come back to apologize. Peter had forgiven him, being the adorable little sweetheart he is, but stayed with the Rogues instead of going back with Tony. After all, they were his family now.

I don't know if that's what you really wanted, but it's where my brain took me, so...

I hope it's okay, @Nat_aka_Black_Widow.

Bye!