Falling Out (request)

Apparently no one in my family likes jeans, and I didn't know. I personally love jeans, but I don't own Marvel.

This was a request by @nm_2004. Hope you enjoy!

Warnings: fights, mentioned violence, anxiety, and PTSD.

"Why do they have to be here?" Peter asked-practically begged, really. "They hurt you! You don't have to let them back into your life!"

"I'm not arguing this with you, Peter. I have my reasons." Tony growled.

"What reasons could possibly outweigh the fact that having them here will really only make your PTSD worse!"

Tony exploded. "LEAVE! I AM NOT REQUIRED TO TELL YOU MY REASONING!"

Peter blinked in shock and tried to stop himself from crying. "Fine. I'll leave."

^^^

It had been two months since Peter or Tony had seen or talked to each other. Peter had tried to apologize, but Tony had practically shut everyone out.

The teen hadn't told anyone except Ned and Aunt May that he had had a fight with Mr. Stark. He missed his father-figure, but didn't know what to do. The billionaire wasn't responding to him.

This situation was only made worse by an announcement that the mechanical engineering elective class would be taking a trip to Stark Towers. Flash, who was in that class even though he couldn't tell a screwdriver from a hammer if they both hit him in the head, immediately hounded Peter about his supposedly fake internship. When May came home that night, she found Peter on the couch hugging a pillow and crying.

"Peter!" She ran to her nephew, dropping her bags on the way. "Hun, what's wrong?"

Peter pulled his face out of the pillow and hugged May. "I miss him. I miss him, but I can't reach him. He hadn't even read any of my texts."

May sighed and hugged her nephew. "I know, Peter. But that isn't all, is it?"

Peter smiled softly through his tears, glad for once that May could see right through him. "There's a field trip to Stark Towers. I-I really want to see him, but I don't want him mad at me."

May squeezed Peter tightly. "If you see him, talk it out. You both were a part of the fight, and...he loves you. You'll work it out."

"Thanks, May."

^^^

The day of the field trip arrived, and Peter was sort of terrified. He knew he messed up, but it was only because he cared about Tony. He knew Tony also had a tendency to try and keep Peter from anything involving the Rogues because he thought it would protect him. So really, the only reason they weren't talking was because they both loved each other a little bit too much.

As Peter exited the bus, ignoring Flash's jibs, he couldn't help himself from tearing up. Ned came up to his shoulder and just rested a hand on it, letting Peter know he was there for him.

The start of the tour went mostly smoothly. There was a small scene caused when the tour guide recognized Peter, and Flash had to stop talking about proving his internship was a fake, but after that, nothing too exciting happened.

The real excitement happened on the last part of the tour: a Q&A with Tony Stark himself.

Peter sat in the back of the room, once again trying not to cry as Tony walked in. The billionaire answered questions about everything and anything, but paused when his eyes glanced over Peter. "Pete?"

Peter looked up, quickly wiping tears away. He felt like an idiot for crying over this, until he noticed Tony's eyes getting suspiciously watery as well.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark!" He blurred out. "I know it's not my place, I just care about you. And I don't want you to be hurt."

Tony walked past the other kids, who were watching with big eyes and whispering occasionally. He pulled Peter into a warm hug. "I know, kid. I'm sorry too. I overreacted and I should have just told you the truth. Please, let's not do this again, okay?"

Peter nodded into the hug. Tony stayed a few seconds more before he became uncomfortable with feeling emotions in front of a group of teenagers and pulled away. "Anyways," he brushed the moment off, making Peter laugh. "Tour is over!"

The class groaned, mostly forgetting about Peter in light of not being able to ask anymore questions about whether Steve or Natasha were dating anyone. Tony approached the teacher, who quickly got permission from May to let Peter stay at the tower.

Once the two geniuses were alone, Tony sat Peter down and explained. He didn't want the Rogues there, but it was the only place available for them under conditions of the pardons they signed. Tony had placed them as far away from himself as possible, and proved this by taking Peter up to the Penthouse and showing him that nothing had really changed. He also admitted that he hadn't answered any calls or texts because he threw his phone at Steve on the first day and Pepper wouldn't let him get a new one just yet for punishment. She was taking all the important calls, but she wasn't aware that Peter needed her number.

Peter stayed for a movie night, and silently vowed to never get into such a bad fight with Tony again.

The End.

I hope you enjoyed!

Bye!