4 Eyes! (request)

We did a bonfire tonight, so I'm hyped and typing this out to post tomorrow and it's like 11:00 right now. I still don't own Marvel, which is a right shame, but the truth.

This was a request by message, so I'm keeping it anonymous unless the person says they want a shoutout. :) Hope you enjoy!

Warnings: A brief mention of rape, confusion, hurt (of the emotional kind), injury (of the physical kind), and a little bit of terror thrown in. Oh! Also extreme oblivious due to sleep deprivation.

Peter stumbled out of bed and rushed through his morning routine, feeling as though he was forgetting something. Glancing into the mirror, he tried to force his sleep-deprived brain to figure out what was wrong. His hair was combed, his teeth were brushed, his four eyes were open and looked awake.

Peter knew something was wrong with that last bit, but he couldn't figure out exactly what. He had stayed up very late last night staying with a woman who had almost been raped until she calmed down and he could walk her home. By the time he got to bed, he had a two hour power nap before he had to wake up for school.

He focused more intently on his eyes. His chocolate brown eyes were wide, but still foggy with sleep, and his pitch black spidery ones were focused as sharply as they ever were. Peter just shrugged. He'd remember later.

He rushed to his car, very grateful that Tony had gotten him one on his 17th. Tony had taught him to drive, taken him to get his license, then bought him a car in exchange for Peter calling him 'Tony.' And that was only because Peter wouldn't accept it as just a gift. If he had started calling Tony 'Dad' not long after, Tony hadn't complained either.

Peter drove himself to school, dully noting that the roads seemed clearer than usual, but shrugging it off.

Rushing into his first class, he missed the terrified looks he received in the hallway. He didn't miss, however, when his teacher screamed and hit him in the face with a textbook.

"Ouch." Peter blinked all four eyes rapidly and raised a hand to his most likely broken nose. Mrs. Willis waved the book threateningly in his direction. Peter raised his hands, surrendering, but not exactly sure why.

"Ummm. Mrs. Willis? Why did you-"

"Peter, how much sleep did you get last night?" Ned cut him off, ignoring the fact that everyone turned to glance rapidly between him and Peter.

"Like two hours, why?"

"Peter had 4 eyes!" Flash screamed and fainted, breaking everyone from their frozen state. The students rushed to the back of the room, screaming, leaving MJ, Ned, Peter, and Mrs. Willis in the front of the room.

"That's why." Ned said.

Peter suddenly remembered what he had forgotten that morning. He closed his eyes automatically, but the damage was done. Mrs. Willis called the police and stood between Peter and her students, still brandishing the book like a sword.

"Peter, I don't know what happened to you, but I called for help. Just stay calm." She called soothingly from behind her book. Peter wanted to laugh, but was a bit too concerned with the future of his secret identity to do so. He dug his phone out of his pocket and called Tony.

"Mr. Stark, I screwed up." He said as soon as Tony picked up.

"What did I tell you about calling me Mr. Stark?" Tony teased.

"Sorry, Dad." Peter said. "I just went to school and totally forgot to not use my extra two eyes, so I'm a little on edge."

Tony was silent for a minute. "I'm on my way." He hung up.

Ned was past the shock of seeing his best friend walk into the classroom with 4 eyes, and was now laughing hysterically.

"Ned! Dude!" Peter said, betrayed.

"Sorry, Peter. I just-I can't believe-you're a genius-so stupid-" he choked out.

MJ smirked. "He's not wrong."

At that moment, Tony Stark burst in the window just as the sound of sirens approached. "Okay, kid. I deal with the cops, you tell them your identity and get them to sign these." He handed over a very large stack of NDAs.

Peter sighed, but agreed, knowing it was his own fault. He turned to the class. "Okay. Don't worry. I have 4 eyes cause I'm Spiderman, and I have a genetic mutation from a radioactive spider. Any questions?"

And that was the story of how sleep deprivation caused a secret identity reveal.

The End.

Don't forget to sleep every once in a while, kids. I know that's rich coming from me, but I have first hand experience with forgetting to sleep, so I have some authority in these matters. You can trust me when I say sleep deprivation sucks. Anyways, hope ya enjoyed!

Bye!