Italian (request)

Dzień dobry! I don't speak Italian, but I know a few words in Polish. That didn't help in my quest to own Marvel, though, so I still don't.

This was a request by @lisoburgy617. Hope you enjoy!!

Warnings: ...idk. Oh! This is team Ironman, I kind of portray Team Cap as the instigators of Civil War in the first paragraph, but it's not heavily anti-Cap.

Today was the day. Today, the Rogue Avengers were coming back to the tower. They had signed the revised accords after Tony had forced them to actually read them. Rogers had taken the longest to convince. He wasn't just stubborn, he also refused to admit he might have been wrong about even the smallest things.

It was finally done, though, and today was the day they would meet Peter.

Peter was a mess of nerves and excitement and a little bit of righteous anger. He was currently in the lab, working with Tony until 5:00 when the Rogues would show up.

"Are you alright, treasure?" Tony asked in Italian. Peter flushed, both at the endearment and because his father-figure had noticed his mixed emotions about the upcoming event.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little bit nervous about this." Peter replied.

Tony set down his tools and faced the teen. "Peter. I promise you, I will never let anything happen to you. An anyways, they'll love you! Who couldn't?"

Peter dropped his screwdriver and jumped on his mentor, burying his face in the billionaire's chest. "Thank you, Dad."

Tony gasped. Peter realized what he had said, and pulled away, ranting in a fast paced mix of English and Italian. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I know you don't—I didn't mean to—it's just I think of you like that, but it doesn't have to mean anything!"

Tony laughed, lifting a hand to wipe at the happy tears rubbing down his cheeks. Even for having known both Italian and English longer than Peter had, he had no clue how the kid could slip between languages so easily. "Kiddo, I'm honored."

Peter stopped his rambling. "Really?"

Tony smiled brightly. "Of course! You are basically my son anyways. I would love if you called me dad or dad."

Peter returned to hugging his ment—dad. "Okay, Dad."

()-()

A few hours later, Peter was sitting on the couch in the common room, stiff-backed and nervous. Normally, he would be pacing, but he thinks he's gotten so nervous that he can't even do that anymore.

Tony walked in, having left to get snacks and drinks out in the kitchen so they could talk, and smiled softly. "Son, it's going to be okay."

"I know." Peter said. He didn't know, but it felt like the right thing to say.

Tony somehow seemed to understand, and sat down on the couch, throwing an arm over Peter's shoulders. Peter leaned into the embrace.

Not even a full minute later, the elevator dinged and Tony stood up to greet their guests.

"Tony!" Cap, Bucky, Clint, and Sam all walked in. The others were busy, but they had already met Peter, so they weren't needed.

"Hey, guys." Tony greeted. He felt more than heard Peter come up behind him, gripping the back of his jacket.

Steve started running his mouth about justice or something—Tony wasn't paying attention—and completely missed Peter.

Clint noticed him first and waved. Peter waved shyly back. Clint started mouthing the words to Steve's mini-speech behind his leader's back, rolling his eyes and making hand gestures. Peter giggled, drawing the other two Rogues attention. Steve still wasn't paying attention.

Sam introduces himself quietly with a handshake. Bucky fist-bumped the teen with his metal fist, causing Peter to grin and motion excitedly at his father. Tony smiled and nodded.

"Are you even listening to me?" Steve ended his rant.

"Nope!" Tony admitted happily. "I want you to meet someone," he continued before Steve could go off again. He turned the super soldier as best as he could by his shoulders and pointed him towards Peter.

"This is my son. Peter."

"Your what?" Steve asked, confused. Clint, who understood a little Italian was gaping at Tony and Peter.

"Oh! Sorry, my son." Tony grinned and gestured to Peter. Peter waved awkwardly. Bucky cooed quietly.

"Oh! It's nice to meet you, Peter." Steve shook hands with the teen.

"It's nice to meet you too, Captain." Peter replied quietly.

Behind him, Bucky was waving his arms and pointing at Peter enthusiastically. He mouthed at Steve, "I want one."

Steve rolled his eyes.

Tony eventually got everyone to the kitchen where they started grilling Peter.

"How old are you?"

"15."

"Is Tony a good dad?"

"The best!"

"What's your favorite subject?"

"Science..."

"You can call me Uncle Bucky. If you want."

Peter smiled. "Okay, Uncle Bucky!"

Sam and Clint immediately demanded the same, and when asked, Steve said he wouldn't mind to be called Uncle Steve.

Tony interrupted them. "Son, do you want to watch a movie tonight? We need some more popcorn."

Peter glanced up. "Could we invite them? I think there is some more popcorn in the back of the cupboard."

The visiting Rogues quieted down, listening to the son and father chat in Italian.

"Found it! Let's go!" Tony shouted from the cupboard.

Peter stood up and started to leave. The Rogues were very confused.

"Well aren't you coming?" Tony asked when he had removed himself from the cupboard.

"Where?" Sam asked.

"The movie, duh!" Peter giggled.

FRIDAY chose this moment to speak up. "It may be beneficial for you to know that you have been speaking in Italian for the last minute."

Tony sighed. "Of course. I forget not everyone knows it."

"We are going to watch a movie!" Peter exclaimed. "You can join us!"

Bucky, Clint, and Sam immediately sprung up to join. Steve followed sedately.

By the end of the movie, Peter had fallen asleep on his father's lap. They had been chatting softly in Italian the entire movie.

Bucky, Clint, and Sam—but especially Bucky—all vowed right at that moment that the Italian father-son duo would be protected at all costs.

The End.

I wish I spoke a second language fluently, but I haven't found a way to learn languages that sticks in my mind. I hope you enjoyed!

Bye!