Chapter Fifty Four

Jake had a very disturbing, restless night, it was probably all the whiskey he drank, as the light started to graze the sky, he rushed to Alejandro's room, to get an early start, where he was aware, that not everyone had got a disturbing night as he had. Most of his night was spend pacing, pensively like a madman, he hadn't been able to sleep since his friends were taken and the fact that whenever he felt himself drifting into slumber. He saw Samantha as delicate as a flower on his bed, hair covering his pillow as he reminisce the night they had shared together. Secretly that night, he had stayed awake staring at her, she was finally asleep, after that disturbing nightmare—Peacefully-- She even smiled in her sleep, a knowledge that always brings a smile to his own face and made his heart uncomfortably warm. But like everything else in his life, tragedy was not far behind. He often thought about, the, 'ifs'—what if the commander's ship hadn't come? Would he had kept treating her with the same resentment? Would he had kept her in his bed at nights? He had shook his head, she was Joshua's mistress at one point, heck, perhaps even the whole of London! No, he would not indulged such ideas. She could never be his.

Alejandro sat upright while Foxie pulled the sheet up to her neck. "Christ Jake! What--"

"Look, I just came for some of your gold coins," Spotting the pouch on the night stand, he went and grab it. "I would be out looking for sailors--" Walking away, he turned back on his heels to face them. "I was meant to ask, how many soldiers do you have?"

"Ten thousand." Alejandro reply, not hiding his irritation, towards Jake's intrusion.

"Only Ten thousand?" Jake eyebrows quirked. "Christ, Halley had more soldiers when she was here."

"Now you know who father's favourite is." Alejandro smirked. "And have no fear, they fight like, hundred thousand men and only several of them would be joining us on this journey."

"Great." Jake throw the pouch in the air and catch it back. "I'll be off then." His gaze flickered to Foxie. "Foxie." He winked at her before rushing down the stairs.

***

"Oh my god," Foxie groan into his chest. "That was so embarrassing."

Alejandro chuckled, he sat upright and looked down at her intensely. "Come back to Spain with me after we help Jake find his friends-- together." He grabbed her hand, kissing it tenderly, then smile looking at her fingers. Gabrielle," He lifted his gaze. "Would you --?"

The smile on Gabrielle's face disappeared as all the colour drain from Alejandro's. "Alejandro what is it?" She decided to focus on his current state than the question he asked about travelling to Spain with him.

"Dammit!" He turned to look at the night stand. "God dammit Jake!" He cured, then was out of bed, grabbing his breeches and throwing on his white linen shirt. "We have to find Jake. I'll go wake Sebastian."

"What?" She was already reaching for her shift at the side of the bed. "Why? What happen?" She asked, slipping into it, she was disappointed that they had to leave so soon, she was getting accustomed to the pleasures of being human or rather the pleasures Alejandro entice within her. Her heart almost burst form her chest and just the thought of last night cause her cheeks to light aflame. How on earth was she this close to never experiencing something like that?

"That pouch, my mother's ring is in there! I was going to give it to you!" He said hastily.

Awakening from her daydreaming, she gasp and turned to stare at him. It was more the shock of the acknowledgment of the ring than his proposal. It can't be the same ring, she had told Leo about? "Your mother –you would tell me about her?" With a lingering smile on his face, he pulled her towards him, kissing her passionately and leaving her breathless when they he pull apart.