Chapter Thirty Four

Commander Macmillian, footsteps echoed on Jake Clairwood's ship. He took a deep breath, one that spoke of satisfaction and happiness as he look around the crowded ship with his hands behind his back, a crooked smile lifted at the corners of his mouth when his eyes held the man he had longed to meet for all these years. He was difficult to miss, fair-headed, eyes blue as the sea. Everything like his father. Everything he hated. His jaws clenched, steps determine as he made his way towards him.

"Lord Clairwood? Captain of the Spirit of the sea?" He stood an arm's length away from him, hands twitching behind his back.

Jake nodded, eyes narrowing at the familiar man he had seen at the brothel with George. "Aye!" This man was under the King, yet it nerves him of his intentions. He had this sinister look about him and the way he had gazed at him, singling him out as the captain, told him that this man knows him. Knew exactly whom he was searching for and it didn't settle well with Jake.

"I am Commander MacMillan, leader of the King's guards and very close friend" He didn't hesitate to let him know who was in charge now on this ship and Jake's jaw clenched. "And I came to arrest you on behalf of the King" Jake's eyes suddenly widen, watching as the Commander stretch his palm out and a scroll was placed in it. The crew gasped all sparing a glance at the men beside them. They came to capture them!

"Impossible! On what charges!"

"Treason!" He sneered.

"There has got to be some mistake!" Jake growled. He have never went against the crown. Never will. Even at sea, he had devoted some of his time to fight the French stop what he can from invading his country. This was absurd! Madness!

"Mistake!" Commander Macmillian opened the scroll and began reading, what was to be the King's orders, then his crimes. "Was killing the king's cousins and Lord Goodman before you went sailing again a mistake?" He shove the scroll back in the man's chest beside him, his eyes still held Jake's with challenge then with a menacing glance at his crew, he spoke.

"Your Captain's going to hang for treason! You all should know the implications of going against the crown! Since," He glance at Jake with a sinister smile. "This is a ship full of thieves and murderers!" He then growled quietly at Jake. "Add that to your list of crimes, Jake Clairwood, Hiding fugitives"

"You would have to kill us all then!" One of his crew member shouted and the others agree. Smity close his eyes, wishing that these men would shut the hell up. While Samantha's heart race in her rib cage. Treason! No Jake could not die! He wasn't a killer, and he had spent most of his time with the Fisher's upon his brief visit and at his Cousin's.

"Oh, I have no problem with that!" The Commander grinned at the crew before him.

"No! Stop!" Jake exclaimed, watching as the soldiers lifted their rifles. "I'll return to England with you and speak with the King!" Jake need to explain himself to His Majesty. King Darton would listen. He always does. Jake wasn't even sure if the King believe he did all those things, he must have been shocked and hurt at the mention of Jake's name as the killer of his family members. Jake need to fix things immediately and his crew would not die over such a misunderstanding. "There would be no fighting today!" At the corner of his eye, he saw another man made his way aboard from the other ship, he was dressed highly in rank and smile oddly pleasant at him.

"I don't take orders from you Captain Clairwood." The Commander said his name with so much disgust Jake thought the man would kill him where he stood.

"Jake Clairwood?" The other man whispered, then reached out to pat his shoulder. "Oh he's real" He then turned to the Commander a grin on his face.