Part 11~ Chapter Thirty ~ Three

"What's wrong with you?'

Samantha laid hugging her knees on the tiny bed, she felt awful, Phillipe stood hovering over her, she didn't need to see his face, to know that he was frowning.

"You have been throwing up for days now." He grabbed her by the arm, placing her in a sitting position. She glared at him. "Answer me, don't you go dying on me now."

She wasn't going to disclose what had happened to her to Phillipe. Her being sick had prevented his advances towards her, it had all started as pretense but soon came to be, her body was too weak to digest anything, and Phillipe always brought the wrong meals. Fish, and more fish, they were running out of food. His fears of stepping outside, had confirmed that Jake was still searching for her and was not dead and perhaps getting very close. "Seasickness." She smiled, lazily.

He released her and she dropped back on the bed. "Nonsense!"

He walked away and soon returned with some apples. Samantha took one and immediately started eating. "I went to pick them a few hours ago."

She stopped chewing he had left the ship, while she was sleeping. What a lost opportunity for escaping. It also means they were close to land. "How long are we to stay here?"

Phillipe sighed. "Our ship had been detained,"

Her only response was 'Oh' she knew it was her husband and friends. "Can I go above for some air?"

"Yes, I believe some sun will do you good." Phillipe escorted her above, after she finished her apples. She looked at where they were anchored. Bushes and trees were on both sides, it was a strange place. Was it within a forest? The distance between the boat and the trees was still not close enough for her to risk the swim and the gown Phillipe had given her was made of less fabric and this time of the year, the water must be freezing. She frowned, turning to notice the entrance, it's like they had came through a tunnel. She worried the necklace between the fingers. How was Jake to find her in here?

"It's a beautiful place, isn't it?" Phillipe came beside her, and she turned away, eyes gazing at the water. "But where we are going to start our new life, is much more glorious."

She gritted her teeth, refraining from protesting. A gasped left her lips and she took a step backwards, at the snake that slid towards the boat, it lifted its head and stared at her, her eyebrows creased, watching as it made its way to land and disappeared in the bushes. Oh, how she hated snakes.

***

It was late evening when Samantha who was sitting on deck, heard the hooves, she stood to her feet and moved to the edge of the railing. "Help!"

"Samantha!"

Samantha's heart leap with joy and relief when she heard her husband's voice, Phillipe came immediately and covered her mouth with his hand.

"How the bloody hell did they find us!" He spat.

She struggled against him, just as Jake came into view.

"Stay back!" Phillipe shouted; he placed a knife at her throat. "Or I'll kill her!"

"Phillipe, release her!" Jake retorted, dismounting his horse.

"You stay back," He shouted, removing the knife to point it at Jake. Samantha took that opportunity to elbow his ribs, at his slight shock, she tried pushing him overboard, but he grabbed her arm taking her with him.

Samantha vaguely heard her husband's screams over her own, she kicked and thrash in the water and yes it was indeed cold. "Jake!" Her slightly parted eyes caught a glimpse of him swimming towards her, she felt Phillipe hands on her shoulder, pushing her under the water, she tried desperately to get him to release her, in her struggles she inhaled, stopping her struggles immediately when wasn't drowning, opening her eyes, she saw the necklace, glowing it's luminous color. This thing must have belonged to a witch for it's impossible to breath under water.