Chapter 81

Bucky turned around and stared at Steve.

"Bucky?" Steve asked.

"Who the hell is bucky?" Bucky questioned.... shaking the familiar feeling off.

Bucky goes to shoot at Steve but Maddy quickly runs in front of him.... staring him down, she looked over his shoulder and saw that Natasha had a grenade launcher... the one Bucky had earlier.

She shoots in his direction....causing a huge explosion, smoke surrounded them.

After the smoke cleared, Maddy looked all around and noticed Bucky was no where to be seen.... she closed her eyes and took a large deep breath, hearing sirens.

Maddy opened her eyes and looked around and noticed Steve and her were completely surrounded by HYDRA agents.

"DROP THE SHIELD, CAP! Both of you get on your knees! Get on your knees now!" Rumlow ordered.

Maddy fell to her knees.... still in complete shock.

"Maddy are you okay?!" Steve asked.

"H-how is he still alive? We saw him fall to his death," Maddy replied staring off into space.

Rollin pointed his gun down at Maddy...

"Put the gun down! Not here. Not here! You know he needs her alive.... but he didn't say anything about the other three," Rumlow said.

The HYDRA agents picked up Maddy and Steve and placed them into a van... along with Sam and Natasha.

Maddy continued to stare into space.... not able to say a word.

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me.... but yet he remembered Maddy, how?" Steve asked.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago," Sam said.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and...." Steve replied but was cut off.

"None of that was yours and Maddy's fault, Steve," Natasha said, looking from Steve to Maddy.

Steve and Sam turn to look at Natasha who's leg was bleeding more....

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in this truck," Sam frowned.

Suddenly one of the guards pulls out an electric rod and neutralizes the other guard.... and knocks him out completely.

The guard takes off their helmet.... revealing themselves as Agent Hill.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain," Maria said.

Sam gives her a confused look.

"Ummmm... Steve, Maddy... who's this guy?" Maria asked.

"He's with us!" Steve said... turning to look at Maddy, who still wasn't talking.

"Maddy?" Sam questioned.

Maddy blinked a couple of times and turned to look at him.

"Yes?" Maddy asked.

"Are you okay?" Steve questioned.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Maddy asked.

"You just found out... the love of your life is still alive, and not to mention he is working for the other side," Sam replied.

"Your point?" Maddy frowned.

"How are you okay with this?" Sam asked.

"I DON'T KNOW OKAY! DAMN.... STOP ASKING SO MANY DAMN QUESTIONS!" Maddy yelled.

Everyone in the van jumped.

Not use to her raising her voice like that.

Maddy dropped her head into her hands and sighed.

" I just need time.... to process all of this," Maddy said.

"We should probably get out of here! Like ASAP!" Steve said.... quickly changing the subject.

"Maria, I'm sure you have a plan of getting us out of here?" Natasha asked.

Maria smiled.