Chapter 92

The Quinjet lands at the Avengers headquarters, where Barton was rushed off to have his wounds tended to.... Maddy remained sitting in the corner watching everyone rush off... everyone expect Steve and Tony.

"Lab's all set up, boss!" Maria said walking up the ramp towards Tony.

"Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler.... and hotter," Tony smirked pointing towards Steve.... then turning to look at Maddy.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asked.

"NATO's got him," Maria replied.

Maddy stood up and walked over towards Maria and Steve.

"And what about the two enhanced?" Maddy questioned.

Maria looked at Maddy.... and frowned.

"I didn't know you were back... I mean after SHIELD had fallen and we couldn't find you, we thought you had died but when Tony said you went into hiding I-We couldn't believe it," Maria said.

"I asked you a question Agent Hill," Maddy hissed.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history....it's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special," Maria said.

"Their abilities?" Maddy questioned.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation," Maria sighed, trying hard not to roll her eyes.

Maddy and Steve look at Maria with a funny look on their face.

"He's fast and she's weird," Maria said rephrasing her statement.

"Well, they're going to show up again," Steve replied.

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts," Maria said.

"Right! What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve asked.

"We're not at war, Captain," Maria sighed.

"Not yet," Maddy mumbled quickly walking off the ramp.

"Maddy where are you going?" Steve called out.

Maddy turned around and sighed. 

"I-I was gonna go see who this Dr. Cho person was," Maddy said.

Steve nodded.

                     ************

Maddy walked into the lab where everyone was standing around Clint, who was laying in his back.

"Whoa! What is that doing?!" Maddy asked, pointing to the expensive machine.

"She's creating tissue," Banner smiled, walking up beside Maddy.

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes!" Dr. Cho groaned.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" Tony laughed.

"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic!" Banner smirked.

Tony walked up to Clint and handed him a drink.

"Here's your beverage! Also Little Rogers.... how are you liking the new suit?!" Tony said.

"It's amazing! Thank you, Tony," Maddy smiled.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference," Dr. Cho replied.

"Well I don't have a girlfriend," Clint sighed.

"That I can't fix! This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust," Dr. Cho said.

"Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday," Tony smiled.

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties," Dr. Cho said, but hesitated for a moment.

"Will Thor be there?" Dr. Cho asked.

"Yes he'll be there.... hopefully he won't be drooling over Maddy," Tony laughed.

Maddy shook her head and threw her hands up in the air.

"Oh my god Tony! He won't be drooling over me," Maddy said.

"Oh my god, Maddy! On the jet he was totally drooling.... if you can't see that then you are totally blind," Tony laughed.

"Guess I'm blind!" Maddy scoffed, rushing out of the room.

"I BETTER BE INVITED TO THE WEDDING!!" Tony yelled out.

"OH MY GOD TONY!" Maddy yelled back.