Chapter 167

Maddy stood in front of the bed....looking from the shield to her uniform, she frowned.

"I know what I have to do, but what if its the wrong decision," Maddy mumbled.

She looked up at the door way and smiled, when Sam walked in.

"I heard the news," Sam sighed.

"Which news? The part where the government thinks I'm unfit to be Captain America or the part where I can't go on the mission because the government thinks I'm too pregnant," Maddy frowned.

"Both," Sam said.

Maddy lifted up she shirt.... revealing a small, but noticeable bump.

"I'm not too pregnant.... right?" Maddy asked.

"Definitely not! Can hardly notice," Sam replied.

"I thought being a woman in the 40s was hard.... it's as if nothing has changed! I remember when Steve picked out the shield.... I wanted nothing more then to have one as my own, and now I can't because I'm not good enough," Maddy growled.

"Maddy! You are good enough, you are a complete badass, a true hero! You never ever give up," Sam said.

"Giving them the shield seems like a bad idea.... but if I don't give it to them, then they'll take it by force," Maddy sighed.

"All I can say is, I know you'll do the right thing," Sam smiled.

"Something is telling me... they are gonna give this shield to some skinny white boy and then he'll become obsessed with power," Maddy groaned.

"And then you'll definitely kick his ass, pregnant or not," Sam laughed.

"With you and Bucky by my side, right?" Maddy asked.

"You bet!" Sam smiled.

"Well since I can't go on this mission.... you'll have to go on without me, besides I promised Bucky I'd go visit him in the city," Maddy sighed.

"Oh yeah! How is his therapy going?" Sam asked.

"He's putting up a fight.... he hates talking about his past, I don't blame him," Maddy said.

"That's gotta be rough," Sam mumbled.

Maddy nodded.

                          ***********

Maddy stood outside of a building where Bucky's therapist was....within moments Bucky walked out, looking rather aggravated. Maddy smiled, walking up to him.

"Hello there handsome! Fancy seeing you here," Maddy said.

Bucky turned his head towards her direction.... his face instantly lit up.

"Why didn't you text me sooner! I would've met you at the apartment," Bucky replied, pulling Maddy in for a hug.

"I wanted to surprise you," Maddy said.

They pulled away.... Bucky looked down at her belly and placed his hand on it.

"How's the baby?" Bucky asked.

"Kicking like crazy," Maddy frowned.

"When do we find out the sex?" Bucky asked.

"Next week actually!" Maddy smiled.

"Boy or girl.... I'm happy either way," Bucky replied.

"But deep down you want a girl," Maddy smirked.

"Maybe," Bucky laughed.

"How was therapy?" Maddy asked.

All of sudden Bucky's mood changed.

He frowned.... quickly turning on his feet and walked away.

"I'm gonna take that as bad," Maddy mumbled.

Chasing after him....