Chapter 171

Maddy's sat up on a box and watched as Sam signed a couple of things.....After signing some papers, he walked over to Maddy.

"A normal hero would wear an actual suit," Sam smiled.

"Well you see here Pigeon Man.... I'm pregnant and my suit won't fit right, besides I may or may not have forgotten to pack it," Maddy said.

"At least you're comfortable! Couldn't have my sidekick uncomfortable," Sam laughed.

"Oh really? I'm your sidekick?!" Maddy asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Just admit it," Sam said.

"Just admit what? That your my sidekick? Because yes you are!," Maddy replied.

"I'm only admitting it because you're pregnant," Sam sighed.

"So what is this mission about?" Maddy asked.

Suddenly someone called Maddy's name.... she turned her head and saw Bucky walking towards them.

"You had no right to give up that Shield," Bucky frowned.

"Hey! This is what you're not gonna do.... Maddy didn't have a choice," Sam said.

"It's over, Bucky," Maddy mumbled.

"Maddy and I have bigger things to deal with...... now if you'll excuse us," Sam replied.

"What could be bigger than this? And I don't think Maddy should go with you alone..... not that I don't trust you, it's just she's pregnant," Bucky said.

Maddy jumped off the box and stood between both men.

"Sam, please tell us what this mission is about," Maddy replied.

"This guy! His connections with rebel organizations all over Eastern and Central Europe, and he's too strong. Very strong," Sam said, showing both Maddy and Bucky a picture of a man in a mask.

"What else?" Maddy asked.

"He's been connected to this online group called the Flag Smashers," Sam replied.

"Did you locate them?" Maddy asked.

"Well, Redwing traced them to a building somewhere outside of Munich," Sam smiled.

"I don't trust Redwing," Bucky frowned.

"Whoa! Hold on a minute!" Sam said.

"Bucky.....honey, you don't have to trust Redwing, but we are going to go see if he's right," Maddy smiled, gently grabbed Bucky's hand.

"I have a feeling they might be part of 'The Big Three'," Sam replied.

"What 'Big Three'?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah.... what 'Big Three'?" Maddy asked, looking completely confused.

"The Big Three!" Sam said.

"I'm only going to ask one more time... What Big Three?" Bucky asked.

"Androids. Aliens. And Wizards," Sam smirked.

"That can't be a thing," Maddy laughed.

"It's definitely a thing," Sam said, looking rather offended.

"No, it's not," Bucky frowned.

"Every time we fight, we fight one of the three," Sam replied.

"So, who are y'all fighting now, Gandalf?" Bucky asked.

"I'm sorry.... How do you know about Gandalf?" Sam questioned.

"If you must know, Maddy and I.... read the Hobbit in 1937 when it first came out," Bucky smirked.

"You are making it sound like we are old or something," Maddy laughed.

"So you see my point?" Sam asked.

"No, I don't! There are no wizards," Bucky sighed.

"What about Doctor Strange?" Maddy asked.

"He's a sorcerer," Bucky said.

"AHA! A sorcerer is a wizard without a hat," Sam laughed.

"Is this really happening right now?" Maddy asked.

"Think about it. Right? I'm totally right! I just came up with that. It's crazy," Sam said.

"Anyhow.... that isn't the point. These guys aren't magical, okay?" Maddy replied.

"They use brute force just like you, the incredibly annoying guy in front of me with the huge staring problem," Sam frowned.

Sam and Maddy started walking away.

"I'm coming with you both!" Buck ordered.

"No, you're not!" Sam said.

"Either I go with you both or Maddy doesn't go at all," Bucky replied.

"You can't be serious!" Maddy said.

"I'm very serious," Bucky frowned.

********

Maddy sat next to Bucky.... pouting like a child.

"One minute to drop off," A young guy said.

"Hey Sam, whose that?" Maddy asked.

"Oh that's Torrres! He's the one that told me about what's been going on with the Flag Smashers," Sam smiled.

"So what's our plan?" Bucky asked.

Sam stood up..... motioning for Maddy to come over.

"Great! So no plan?!" Bucky asked.

"Thirty seconds!" Torres yelled.

"Enjoy the ride back, Buck," Sam smirked.

"No! You don't get to call me that," Bucky snapped.

"Why not? That's what Maddy and Steve call you," Sam said.

"I'm married to Maddy and I've known them both for a very long time," Bucky replied.

"Fifteen seconds!" Torres yelled.

Maddy and Sam walked over to the aircraft's door..... both getting ready to jump.

"I have a plan," Sam said.

What is it?" Bucky asked.

Suddenly Sam jumped out of the aircraft..... leaving Maddy and Bucky behind.

"See you down there," Maddy smiled, jumping out after Sam without a chute.