Chapter 176

Maddy and Bucky sat next to one another....both pouting like a children.

"So....Who would like to start?" Dr. Raynor asked.

"Alright, look, Dr. Raynor? I get it, why you want me to talk to Jail bird over here. But I've got things to do," Maddy frowned.

"It is my job to make sure that Bucky is okay. And so, yeah, this may be slightly unprofessional, but it's the only way that I can see if you're getting over whatever's eating at you.....and the only way for that to happen is to have the one person, who makes life worth living for....next to you," Dr. Raynor smiled, looking at Bucky.

"This is ridiculous," Maddy groaned.

"I agree," Bucky frowned.

"See? Making progress already. So, who wants to go first? No volunteers? Wow. How surprising. Okay! We're going to do an exercise. It's something I use with couples when they are trying to figure out what kind of life they wanna build together," Dr. Raynor said.

"Look, Dr. Raynor....we aren't your normal couple," Maddy replied.

"Are you familiar with the miracle question?" Dr. Raynor asked, ignoring Maddy's response.

"Absolutely not," Bucky said.

"No," Maddy frowned.

"It goes like this! Suppose that while you're sleeping, a miracle occurs. When you wake up, what is something that you would like to see...that would make your life better?" Dr. Raynor asked.

Maddy sat there.....thinking about what would make her life better, after a few moments she realized she had everything she's ever asked for....but she knew she couldn't say that.

"In my miracle, he would....he would talk to me more," Maddy sighed.

"Exactly what I was gonna say. Isn't that ironic?" Bucky asked.

"You both are leaving me with no choice," Dr. Raynor frowned.

Maddy turned and looked at Bucky...giving him a confused look.

"Time for the soul-gazing exercise! I like this one better," Dr. Raynor smiled.

"Oh, God! She's gonna love this," Bucky smirked.

"Yeah! I'm ready!" Maddy said.

"This is right up your alley," Bucky replied.

"Turn around. Face each other," Dr. Raynor ordered.

"You should really enjoy this...because I'm going to," Maddy smirked.

"I know you are," Bucky said.

"Yeah.....well, eat me," Maddy scoffed.

"Already have, doll....many times," Bucky smirked.

"Maddy! James! Face each other," Dr. Raynor ordered once more.

Maddy and Bucky moved their chairs around....to where they were facing one another.

"Let's do it! Let's stare," Bucky replied.

"Get closer!" Dr. Raynor frowned.

Bucky grabbed Maddy's chair and pulled her closer.

"This is a good exercise. Thanks, Doc," Maddy said.

"Alright....great," Bucky replied.

"Which way do you want to go?" Maddy asked.

They both moved their legs around....trying to find the best way to make one another comfortable.