Chapter 147

Maddy, Steve, Scott, Rhodes and Hulk stood in a room..... Scott stood in front of them, dressed in a white and red suit, similar to his Ant-Man suit.

"Time travel suit? Not bad!" Rhodes said.

Hulk started touching the suit.... and grabbed a a glass tube with red liquid in it.

"Hey! Hey! Easy! Easy!" Scott yelled.

"I'm being very careful," Hulk replied.

"No, you're being very Hulky," Scott frowned.

"I'm being careful," Hulk sighed.

Scott grabbed the glass tube....

"These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have! We're not making any more," Scott said.

"Scott, calm down," Maddy spoke up.

"Sorry! We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it! No do-overs. Plus two test runs," Scott replied.

Suddenly Scott accidentally pressed a button and shrinks himself and quickly grew back to normal size.

"One test run," Scott said.

Everyone frowned at him.

**************************
Everyone stood in the testing chamber, they all stood near the control panel.

"I'm gonna be honest.....I'm not ready for this," Scott sighed.

"I'm game! I'll do it!" Barton spoke up.

Barton walked away and quickly returned, wearing the same suit as Scott.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it," Hulk smiled.

Barton walked on the platform.... getting ready to be sent back in time.

"Wait a second! Let me ask you something. If we do this, you know.... go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos.... and you know...." Rhodes said, making a hand gesture, suggesting that they strangle baby Thanos.

"First of all that's horrible!" Hulk frowned.

"Oh my god!" Maddy gasped.

"It's Thanos!!" Rhodes replied.

"Secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future," Hulk sighed.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them.... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved," Scott said.

"Bingo!" Barton replied.

"That's not how it works," Maddy and Nebula both said.

"Well, that's what I heard," Barton shrugged.

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Hulk asked.

"Star Trek! TimeCop! Time after time," Rhodes said.

"Quantum Leap," Scott mumbled.

"A wrinkle in time! Somewhere in time!" Rhodes replied.

"Hot tub time machine!" Scott smiled.

"Hot tub time machine! Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel," Rhodes said.

"Die hard? Wait.... no that's not one," Scott sighed.

"This is known!" Rhodes replied.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it! If you travel to the past, that past becomes a part of your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your future...." Maddy said.

"Exactly!" Nebula replied.

"So.... Back to the Future's a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asked.

"Yes," Maddy said.

Hulk turned towards Barton.... and checked to see if everything was ready.

"Alright, Clint! We're going in 3......2.....1!" Hulk said.

A helmet similar to Ant-Man's pops over Barton's head..... and suddenly disappeared.

"Please work," Maddy whispered.