Chapter 154

Everyone gathered around the finished gauntlet.... that Tony and Rocket spent hours making.

"Alright! Gloves ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asked.

"I'll do it!" Thor said.

"Excuse me?" Scott asked.

"It's okay," Thor replied.

Everyone gathered around Thor.... pushing him away from the gauntlet.

"Stop! Stop! Wait a second!" Rocket yelled.

"Thor.... just wait. We have decided who's gonna put that on yet," Maddy spoke up.

"I'm sorry. What? We're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asked.

"We should at least discuss this," Scott said.

"No! No! Sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everyone back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty," Thor sighed.

"It has nothing to do with that, you aren't in the right state of mind to do this.... none of us are," Maddy replied.

"Please! Little Rogers! Let me do this.... let me do something right," Thor weeped.

"It's not that! It's the fact that..... that glove is channeling enough energy to light up continent, I'm telling you.... we are all telling you, you're in no condition," Tony spoke up.

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor asked.

"Cheez Whiz? Beer?" Rhodes asked.

"Uh no. Lightning," Thor frowned.

"Yeah," Tony said.

"Lighting won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me!" Hulk replied.

"Sorry Thor....maybe next time," Maddy sighed, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive," Hulk said.

"How do we know you will?" Maddy asked, sadness filled her voice.

"We don't!  But the radiation's mostly gamma.... I was made for this," Hulk smiled weakly.

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony asked.

"Let's do it!" Hulk said, examining the gauntlet.

"You remember.... everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bring them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years," Tony replied.

"Got it!" Hulk said.

Everyone quickly suited up.... Maddy looked over at Steve.

"I really have a bad feeling about this," Maddy whispered.

"It'll be okay!" Steve smiled.

Maddy started messing with her fingers.... her stomach started to twist and turn, causing awful pain... but she hid her pain.

"F. R. I. D. A. Y. do me a favor and activate Barn Door protocol. Will you?" Tony asked.

"Yes, Boss!" F. R. I. D. A. Y. said.

The Avengers Compound quickly went into lockdown mode.

"Everybody comes home," Hulk whispered.

Everyone watched as Hulk places the gauntlet on, which expands to fit his large hand..... suddenly the power surge overwhelmed him, he grunts in pain.

"TAKE IT OFF!! TAKE IT OFF!!" Thor yelled.

"No! Wait! Bruce, are you okay?" Steve asked.

"Talk to me, Banner," Tony replied.

"I'm okay..... I'm okay," Hulk sighed.

The room filled with Hulks screams..... they all watched as he fought through the intense pain.... all of sudden he was able to snap his fingers. Maddy and Barton rushed towards him.... grabbing the gauntlet and tossing it away to the side.

"Bruce?" Steve asked.

"Don't move him," Maddy said.

Hulk leaned onto Maddy....

"Did it work?" Hulk asked.

"Worth a shot. It's over. It's okay,"  Thor laughed.

Maddy rushed into Steve's arms and hugged him..... knowing it probably didn't work.