Chapter 108

After a long hard year.... and taking some time off, Maddy decided it was best to stay with the team.

Maddy sat a few tables away from Wanda, while Natasha sat behind her.

"All right, what do you see?" Maddy asked, speaking into the ear piece.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet streets.... it's a good target," Wanda replied.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means?" Steve asked, who was standing on top of building not far from them.

"Cameras," Wanda said.

"Both streets are one way," Maddy replied.

"So, compromised escape routes," Wanda said.

"It would mean our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Maddy asked.

"Yes. The red one? It's cute," Wanda replied.

Maddy brought her coffee up to lips and took a drink.... trying to look like she was a normal person.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security..... which means more guns, which also means more headaches for somebody. Most likely us," Natasha sighed.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda said, a smile forming on her lips.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Maddy replied.

"Anybody ever tell you.... you're a little paranoid?" Sam spoke up.

"Definitely not to my face, why? Did you hear something?" Maddy asked.

"Eyes on the target, folks! This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him," Steve said.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us," Sam replied.

"Technology he hates you more.... since you dropped a building on his face," Maddy said.

"Ouch! Human shield...." Sam laughed.

"Just being honest pigeon man," Maddy smirked.

Suddenly a garbage truck is pushing its way through traffic....not stopping for anything or anyone.

"Pigeon man, see that garbage truck? Tag it," Maddy ordered.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver is armed," Sam said.

"It's a battering ram," Natasha replied.

"GO NOW!" Steve ordered.

"What?" Wanda asked.

"He's not hitting the police," Maddy said, quickly standing up.

Maddy ran through the street.... jumping over cars and even people.

Maddy arrived and started taking out several soldiers....

"Body armor, AR-15s. I can make out seven hostiles," Steve said, running up next to Maddy.

All of sudden Sam flew over them.

"I make 5," Sam replied.

Maddy looked up and saw Wanda flying over the building, blocking fire with her powers.... she quickly took control over a soldier and lifted him up in the air.

"SAM!" Wanda yelled.

Sam flew down towards them, catching the soldier on one of his wings.

"Four," Sam said, quickly scanning the building.

"Rumlow's on the third floor," Sam replied.

"Wanda, just like we practiced. Maddy you stay back incase he tries to make a run for it," Steve ordered.

Maddy nodded.

"W-What about the gas?" Wanda asked.

"Get it out," Maddy smirked.

Wanda lifted Steve up and through the window... and quickly started to remove the gas from the building.

"Rumlow has the biological weapon!" Steve yelled through the ear piece.

"I'm on it!" Natasha said.

Maddy turned around and saw Natasha pulling up on a motorcycle.... quickly jumping off of it and running towards a soldier.

"Natasha, behind you!" Maddy yelled, running towards her.

Rumlow comes up from behind Natasha and grabbed her by the collar, dragging her onto an armored vehicle.... Natasha electrocuted him.

Maddy tried to sneak up behind them.... but was thrown off.

"I don't work like that no more," Rumlow said.

Maddy jumped to her feet, and saw Rumlow throw Natasha into the vehicle, with a grenade behind her.

"NATASHA!" Maddy yelled.