Chapter 138

A month had gone by since half of the world turned into dust.... after that horrible day, everyone went back to the Avengers Headquarters.....looking for a way to locate Thanos. Maddy decided that it was best to join them, she was heartbroken at the fact that Bucky wouldn't be there with her to help raise their child, but she knew Steve and Natasha would help her. 

Maddy leaned up against the doorframe and watched Steve shave his beard....

"What are you doing?" Maddy asked.

"I'm shaving, why?" Steve asked.

"Why are you shaving your beard!" Maddy frowned.

"Because it's itchy," Steve laughed.

"You look like a man baby....without facial hair," Maddy said, giving him a small smile.

"I guess I like looking like a man baby," Steve replied.

Suddenly there was a huge crash outside, a hint of hope filled Maddy's face....she turned on her heels and took off running. Maddy reached outside and saw a ship, everyone quickly joined her... especially Pepper. A Blue woman walked off the spacecraft, she was helping a fragile man...Maddy looked closer.

"TONY!" Maddy yelled, running towards them.

Steve followed behind.

They both run up to him....Tony gripped onto them both.

"C-Couldn't stop him," Tony mumbled.

"Neither could we," Steve sighed.

"I-I lost the kid," Tony frowned.

"Tony...we lost," Maddy said.

Tony looked at Maddy than looked at her stomach... he looked confused.

"Um...w-how?" Tony asked.

"I'll explain later...but first someone is here to see you," Maddy smiled, turning to look at Pepper.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" Pepper yelled, pulling Tony into a hug.

"It's okay!" Tony smiled.

Maddy looked down and saw the raccoon walk past her....completely forgetting he was there, sadness filled his eyes as he walked towards the spacecraft.

        ********************************************************************  

The fellow heroes gathered in the living area, Tony sat down beside Maddy getting blood....a holographic report list of names and faces appeared of those who were turned to dust, Bucky's face appeared....causing Maddy to look away.

"Oh! He's the father!" Tony smirked.

Maddy kept her face turned away...trying so hard to hold back the tears.

"It's been a whole month since Thanos came to earth," Rhodes said, changing the subject.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through it," Maddy sighed.

Tony looked across the room and saw Thor sulking.

"What's wrong with him?" Tony asked.

"He's pissed! He thinks he failed...which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?" The raccoon asked.

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear," Tony frowned.

"Maybe I am," The raccoon smiled.

"His name is Rocket," The blue woman spoke up.

"I'm sorry....who are you?" Maddy asked.

"I'm Nebula," The blue woman said.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now! Deep space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him," Steve replied.

"Who told you that?! I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the stone. That's what happened! There was no fight," Tony growled.

"Okay," Maddy said.

"He's unbeatable," Tony frowned.

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates...anything?" Maddy asked.

"You know....I saw this coming a few years back! I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. I thought I was dreaming," Tony sighed.

"Tony, I need you to focus," Steve said.

"And I needed you both! As in past tense. That trumps what you both need. It's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?" Tony asked, roughly throwing things off the table.

Maddy flinched...as stuff started flying past her face.

"I need to shave! And I believe I remember telling you all yourse...." Tony said, making his way towards Steve.

Maddy rushed towards them....stepping in between them.

"Tony! I need you to calm down," Rhodes said.

"Alive and otherwise what we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our pervious freedom or not....THAT'S WHAT WE NEEDED!" Tony snapped.

"That didn't work out, did it?" Maddy asked.

"I said 'we'd lose'. You said, ' We'll do that together too.' And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the Avengers, we're Avengers. Not the Prevengers," Tony frowned.

"Okay," Rhodes said.

"Right?" Tony asked.

"You made your point! Just please sit down!" Maddy begged.

"Okay," Tony said.

"Okay?" Maddy asked.

Suddenly a blonde headed woman walked into the room....everyone stared at her, confusion filled their eyes.

His Super Soldier // Bucky Barnesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें