Chapter 24

Maddy trailed behind Steve as they walked through many doors of the bunker, she couldn't help but smile..... thinking about dancing with Bucky last night.

Maddy was so deep into thought she didn't realize that Steve had stopped walking until she ran into him....

He turned around and looked down at her...

"Well aren't you very chipper today," Steve smiled.

"Chipper? What makes you say that?" Maddy questioned with a huge grin.

"You haven't stopped smiling since last night," Steve laughed.

"I had a very dapper night," Maddy grinned.

"Dapper night? You mean staring into the bright blue eyes of Bucky Barnes," Steve teased.

"You know what.... I can't with you," Maddy smiled.

They walked through another door and saw a blonde headed woman sitting behind a desk... reading the Star and Stripes , with Steve's face on it.

Maddy looked closer and read P.O.W. Camp Liberated, Miracle Treks Cross Enemy Lines... on the cover was a picture of Steve and Maddy, both looking rather filthy.

"Excuse me, we are looking for Howard Stark?" Steve said looking at the blonde woman.

"I think he went to look for a broom," The blonde woman replied not looking up.

Maddy grew rather impatient...

"Did your mother ever teach you manners?" Maddy said.

The blonde woman quickly looked up... with a frown on her face, but it quickly went away when she looked at Steve.

"Of course, you're welcome to wait," The woman smiled.

Maddy went to lean up against a book case while Steve sat down....

"I read what you.... I mean what you both did," The woman replied.

"Oh, I-We were just doing what needed to be done," Steve said.... with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

Maddy quietly snorted.... totally amused by what was going on.

"Sounds like more then that. You saved nearly two hundred men," The woman smirked.

"Excuse me! I was also there... he didn't do it alone," Maddy frowned.

The woman turned to look at Maddy.... eyeing her up and down.

"Yeah, right," The woman snorted.

Steve stood up.

"R-Really it wasn't that big of a deal," Steve stuttered.... getting very uncomfortable.

The woman turned back to look at Steve.

"Tell that to their wives," The woman smiled.

"I don't think they were all married..." Maddy mumbled.

"You are a hero!" The woman smiled... walking closer to Steve.

Maddy cleared her throat.... grabbing the attention of both Steve and The woman.

"I think you meant to say We are heroes!" Maddy snorted.

"Yeah.... sure," The woman replied.

Maddy clenched her fists.... she wanted so badly to pound this woman in the face, it took everything inside her not too.

She turned on her heels and walked on the otherwise of the bookcase.

Maddy hear a familiar pair of heels clicking against the floor.... she looked over and saw Peggy walking towards her.

Maddy froze.

"Maddy! Is Steve with you?" Peggy smiled.

"I-Um....he's a bit occupied," Maddy frowned.

Peggy walked around the bookcase and stared coldly at Steve who was kissing the woman....

They quickly pulled away....

"Captain, we're ready... if you're not otherwise occupied," Peggy replied coldly.

Maddy pocked her head out from the other side of the bookcase and shrugged.... Steve frowned at her.

Peggy turned on her heels grabbing Maddy by the arm and started to walk away....

"Men are unbelievable," Peggy mumbled.

"Agreed," Maddy nodded.

"Agent Carter! Maddy! wait a second!" Steve called out from behind them.

"Looks like finding a partner wasn't that hard after all," Peggy frowned.

"When's the wedding?!" Maddy joked turning around to look at Steve.... who was giving her the death stare.

"Peggy that wasn't what you thought it was," Steve sighed.

Maddy laughed quietly....Peggy was giving Steve a run for his money, and Maddy was enjoying every single bit of it.

" I don't think anything, Captain. Not one thing," Peggy said.

They all three continued to walk towards a metal door.... which was located at the end of the hall.

"You wanted to be a soldier... now you are, just like the rest of them," Peggy snapped.

"Well what about you and Stark? How do I know that you two... haven't been fonduing the whole time?" Steve asked... clearly getting upset.

Maddy stopped and soon enough so did Peggy.

"You still don't understand a bloody thing about women!" Peggy said coldly.

"Are you stupid or just stupid Steve?" Maddy frowned.

"Maddy you are supposed to be on my side!" Steve replied.

"Hey! Women need to stick together! Especially when men are being stupid," Maddy said.

They both turn on their heels and walk quickly down the corridor.... Maddy knew that Steve was watching Peggy, and she knew that he had lost this battle against women.

Deep down she wanted to be on Steve's side.... but during this time, women needed to stick together... and make a point.