Chapter 2

The jerk hammers Steve in the jaw.... knocking him into a line of garbage cans.

Steve groans...

"Pick on someone your own size, chump," Maddy growled.

The jerk ignores Maddy.

Steve was a natural fighter, bobbing and scoring a kidney punch... but the guy barely feels it.

Steve attempts to try and block the punches with a trash can lid... the jerk yanks it away and starts pounding him again.

Maddy started to grow angry....

She suddenly found herself throwing her arms around the man and putting him into a tight headlock.

Maddy watches as Steve falls to the ground hard.... Steve lays there for a couple of moments but gets up.

Steve stands to his feet and looks over at Maddy and the guy... he watched as they both struggled.

The guy breaks free out of the headlock... and shoves Maddy up against the brick wall.

"You both just don't know when to give up," The jerk replied.

"W-we can do this all day," Maddy smirked.

The guy raises his hand... he was getting ready to hit Maddy.

"Do it! I dare you," Maddy smiled.

The guy smirked and started to move his hand quick... towards Maddy's face.

Maddy was ready for the hit... but someone grabbed his arm.

"What's with all this fighting?" A voice said.

Maddy and Steve looked over and saw Bucky Barnes.

"Bucky!" Maddy smiled.

"Hitting a women isn't very manly.... but don't you know there is a war going on, or are you just stupid?" Bucky smirked.

The jerk takes a swing, Bucky slugs him.... spins him around and plants an army boot in the ass. Bucky looks down over at Steve... who was getting up from the pile of garbage.

"Sometimes I think you both like getting punched," Bucky laughed.

"I had him on the ropes," Steve replied.

Maddy laughed.

As Steve gets up, a folded enlistment form falls out from his pocket... Bucky quickly picks it up. 

"H-How many times is this?" Bucky asked but paused.

"And you're Paramus now? It's still illegal to lie on an enlistment form, and seriously Jersey?" Bucky continued.

Steve frowns.... taking in Bucky's military uniform.

"Looks like you got your orders," Steve said.

Maddy noticed Steve was upset... Her and Bucky were due to leave tonight.

"107th ships to England first thing tomorrow," Bucky said.

"So, what's the first stop. Church?" Steve smiled.

Bucky grins.

"Yeah.... maybe second stop," Bucky replied.

They all three started walking out of the alley.

"Where are we going?" Maddy asked.

Bucky whips out a newspaper and hands it to Maddy.

"The future," Bucky smirked.

Maddy opens up the paper.

"World exhibition of tomorrow... monorails race around futuristic building, Bucky this looks dumb.... can't we just go out and dance or something?" Maddy said.

Maddy has had a crush on Bucky since they were kids.... but she knew he would always see her as a little sister, so after many years of drooling over him.... she had decided to hid her feelings, bury them deep.

"Yeah, Buck lets go dancing!" Steve added.

"You two are literally no fun," Bucky replied.

"Oh come on! Are you afraid to show me your dance moves," Maddy smirked.

Bucky looked over at her and shook his head.

Maddy couldn't help but blush..

"Damn it," Maddy mumbled.

Steve laughed.