Chapter 186

After finding out that Donya Madani died, Bucky, Maddy, Sam and Zemo...... looked into where she died.

"I think I may have found something! It says that she in fact died in a city called Riga near Baltic Sea," Sam said.

"I have a place there!" Zemo replied.

Zemo stood up and walked to the front of the plane.... instructing the pilot to take them to Riga.

Within an hour or so, they made it.

They all walked through the town, until Zemo stopped.... pointing up at a building.

"Here we are!" Zemo smiled.

Bucky grabbed Maddy's arm and pulled her close.... whispering in her ear.

"I need to go.... the Wakandans found him," Bucky mumbled.

"You want me to come?" Maddy asked.

"It'll be better if you stay with Sam.... and relax. You've been through so much in the past 24 hours," Bucky said, placing a kiss on Maddy's cheek.

Maddy nodded.... and pulled away.

"I need to go on a walk.... grab Maddy something," Bucky replied, looking at Zemo and Sam.

They both nodded....

Maddy walked up the stairs.... and watched Bucky walk away.

                             ********

Maddy laid on the couch..... resting her eyes.

"The Wakandans are here! They want Zemo. Don't worry I bought us some time," Bucky spoke up, walking through the door.

"Were you followed?" Sam asked.

"No," Bucky replied.

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo asked.

"I know when I'm being followed," Bucky frowned.

"Did you forget he was once a trained assassin? He did the following, not the other way around," Maddy said.

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least," Zemo smirked.

"Hey, you shut it! No one's defending you," Maddy sighed.

"Yeah! You killed Nagel," Sam said.

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?" Zemo asked.

"Zemo, you shot the man," Maddy replied.

"My finger slipped," Zemo shrugged.

"Your finger slipped? Wow!" Maddy laughed.

Suddenly, Maddy's phone buzzed... she looked down at it and jumped to her feet.

"Bucky! Sam!" Maddy said.

"What?" Sam and Bucky both asked.

"Karli bombed a GRC supply depot," Maddy sighed.

"What's the damage?" Sam asked.

"Eleven injured and three dead," Maddy said.

She held up her phone and showed them.

"Seems they have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met in full," Sam replied.

"She's getting worse," Zemo said.

Sam, Bucky and Maddy exchanged a look.

" I have the Will to complete this mission. Do the three of you?" Zemo asked.

"She's just a kid," Maddy said.

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there....you're clouded by it," Zemo smirked.

Maddy took a step closer to Zemo.... balling her hands into fists.

"She's a supremacist. The very concept of Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to The Avengers," Zemo said.

"Hey! Those are our friends you're talking about. The Avengers. Not the Nazis," Maddy replied.

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a way to peacefully stop her," Sam sighed.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path! She will not stop. She will escalate until you kill her. Or perhaps she'll kill you," Zemo smirked.

"Maybe your wrong, Zemo," Maddy said.

"Yeah! The serum never corrupted Maddy or Steve," Sam replied.

Maddy turned to Sam and gave him a small smile.

"Touché! But there hasn't been another Maddy or Steve, had there?" Zemo asked.

"Well then maybe we should give him to the Wakandans," Maddy frowned.