Chapter 28

Maddy, Steve and the Invaders gather on a high plateau.... Morita crouches over the transceiver, Jones listens to the transmission while Flasworth wields binoculars, Dugan and Dernier adjust a winch at the cliff edge....

Maddy, Steve and Bucky stand close together.

"The engineer just radioed ahead. Hydra dispatch gave him permission to open the throttle, whatever's on that train... they must need it bad," Jones said, quickly removing the headphones off his head.

"Well, they're not getting it," Morita smirked.

"I wouldn't be so sure....." Flasworth paused, pointing out into the distance.

"Because they're moving like the devil," Flasworth continued.

Maddy and Steve quickly check their guns... while Bucky moves slowly towards the edge of the cliff to get a better look.

"Remember when I made you both ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky said.

"And Steve threw up?" Maddy smiled.

Bucky looks over the edge again....

"This isn't payback, is it?" Bucky questioned.

Steve looks at Bucky and grins.

"Now why would I do a thing like that?" Steve laughed.

"Jerk," Bucky smirked.

"Punk," Steve laughed.

"You guys are adorable," Maddy laughed.

"Oh yeah? So when's the wedding?" Steve questioned pointing between Maddy and Bucky.

"I was thinking late summer...." Maddy laughed.

"Ah yes late summer! And after the wedding we'll soon start a family," Bucky joked.

"I was thinking about getting a dog... I can't have kids anymore, with this super serum thing," Maddy said.

"Oh yeah!!" Bucky replied.

"What a shame! I wanted a niece or nephew..." Steve laughed.

Maddy quickly punched Steve in the shoulder.

"All abroad, lady and gentlemen!! Mind the gap," Flasworth laughed.

Maddy, Steve, Bucky and Jones attach T-bars to the cable.

"Okay, this is a very short, very fast train....we've got a ten second window, tops... miss it and you are a bug on a windshield," Steve replied.

Maddy looks over at Dugan... who looks down at his watch.

"Better get going, bugs," Dugan joked.

Maddy pushed past the men.....

"Ladies first!" Maddy smiled, as she quickly attached her hook to the cable.

She jumps off the cliff.... going full speed, she quickly turned her head and saw Steve, Bucky and Jones following not far behind.