Chapter 114

Maddy and Steve stood in the very same apartment where her and Bucky lived, Steve looked around...while Maddy stared at a picture of her and Bucky.

"I thought you said he'd be here?" Steve asked.

"He will! He's most likely at the market getting plums," Maddy sighed.

"How am I supposed to believe you? You've been keeping Bucky away from me all this time," Steve frowned.

"I wasn't really keeping him from you, he didn't want anyone to know where he was. He wanted space. Space to find the old him again," Maddy sighed.

Maddy ran her fingers across the wrinkled picture, she smiled and quickly placed it in her pocket. Remembering how they took this picture.

                   *Flashback*

"Maddy why must you give me a man bun?" Bucky asked.

"Because your hair is long enough for it. Now hold still!" Maddy smiled.

Maddy quickly threw Bucky's hair up into a man bun, she moved back and nodded....proud of her work. She quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed the old polaroid.

"No!" Bucky frowned.

"Oh come on! Just one!" Maddy begged.

"No!" Bucky said.

"Why not?!" Maddy asked.

"It would literally ruin me," Bucky replied.

"For me?" Maddy asked.

"No!" Bucky said.

Maddy frowned and flopped on the couch....Bucky stared at her and couldn't help but smile.

"Fine! But I will take the picture," Bucky smirked.

Bucky walked over to the couch and flopped down beside her, snatching the polaroid out of her hands....Bucky moved closer to Maddy, flipping the camera around so it was facing them...before Bucky snapped the shot, he quickly kissed Maddy on the cheek.

Maddy turned to look at Bucky...both of their faces were bright red. Suddenly there was a bright light and a noise... both turned to look at the camera, Maddy grabbed the picture and looked at it.

                  ***************

"Heads up, Cap. German Special Forces, approaching from the South," Sam replied through the ear piece, pulling Maddy out of her deep thoughts.

"Um... you do realize I'm here too!" Maddy frowned.

"Understood! Thank you Sam," Steve said, ignoring Maddy's comment.

"Very mature," Maddy mumbled.

Suddenly Steve turned around...which caught Maddy off guard, he frowned but then his face changed....as if he had seen a ghost. Maddy slowly turned around....eyes meeting the one and only Bucky....the one who would always have her heart.

"Do you know me?" Steve asked.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum," Bucky lied.

"They've set the perimeter," Sam said.

"Bucky...I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be," Maddy replied.

"Bucky...I know you are lying," Steve frowned.

"I-I wasn't in Vienna! I don't do that anymore," Bucky sighed.

"They're entering the building ," Sam replied.

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive," Steve said.

"That's smart! Good strategy," Bucky replied.

"Don't say that Buck," Maddy whispered.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised," Sam replied.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Bucky," Steve sighed.

"It always ends in a fight," Bucky frowned.

"5 seconds," Sam replied.

"You pulled me out of the river. Why?" Steve asked.

"I don't know," Bucky sighed.

"3 seconds!" Sam replied.

"Yes, you do!" Steve said.

"Breach! Breach! Breach!" Sam yelled.

Suddenly a grenade crashes through the window.... Bucky kicked it towards Steve, and he quickly throws his shield over it.

Maddy moved towards the door, hearing loud footsteps....Bucky grabbed Maddy, pulling her close to him while quickly shielding them with a mattress. Moving away from the door, which now had bullet holes.

Bucky grabbed the table and threw it up against the door.... still holding onto Maddy.

Maddy turned her head and saw Steve taking care of the police men that were now coming through the window.

All of sudden someone grabbed Maddy pulling her away from Bucky.... Bucky snapped his head and grabbed the police man, slamming him against the wall.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone!" Steve yelled.

Bucky grabbed Steve.... slamming him against the ground and punched a hole through the floor.

"I'm not gonna kill anyone... it was also stupid of you to bring her, she tends to get in my head," Bucky snapped.

"What?" Maddy asked.

"I-I can't focus.... when I'm around you," Bucky sighed.

Bucky grabbed a backpack from under the floorboards.... and threw it out the window. Steve pulled Maddy close to him, and Bucky moved behind them.... Maddy was now between them. Steve pulled up his shield... avoiding gunfire.

"I don't need to be protected," Maddy frowned.

"Maddy... now is not the time to start," Steve snapped.

Bucky grabbed Maddy and started moving towards the door, he quickly punched through the wall beside the door. He soon started to lay into the cops.....A cop descends through a sky-light on a zip wire, Bucky roughly grabbed the cop's gun and slammed him into the wall. More of the police team hurry up the stairwell...Bucky lifted Maddy up, letting her grab onto the zip-line and Bucky soon followed.

Maddy turned to look up and search for Steve...and saw him staring back, worried filled his eyes.