Chapter 79

Maddy's eyelids flickered opened, she noticed her body was on something soft.

"Hey Maddy! You okay?" A familiar voice said.

She slowly moved her eyes towards the voice and noticed it was Sam Wilson, and standing next to him was a very concerned Steve.

"Mhm what happened?" Maddy asked, sitting up slowly.

"You became unconscious after the explosion.... and I carried you all the way here," Steve said.

"Here? Where is here?" Maddy asked.

"My home," Sam smiled.

"I brought you some orange juice and some Tylenol," Steve replied, walking over to Maddy and sitting down next to her.

Maddy looked around the room and noticed she was in a room.... with a bed.

"Is this your room?" Maddy questioned.

"Um yeah? But I normally sleep on the couch," Sam shrugged.

"You okay?" Steve asked Maddy.

"You want them truth or a lie?" Maddy questioned.

"The truth Maddy," Steve said.

"I don't know...." Maddy paused looking up at Sam, who nodded and walked out of the room.

"I'm gonna make breakfast!" Sam called out.

"I don't know why HYDRA wants me, and how they will stop at nothing to get me," Maddy frowned.

Natasha walked into the bedroom and leaned up against the wall... she seemed on edge.

"Nat? You okay?" Maddy asked.

"Yeah," Natasha said.

"W-What's going on?" Steve questioned.

"When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but..... I guess I can't tell difference anymore," Natasha sighed.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business," Steve laughed.

"I owe you guys," Natasha said.

"What? Me? I became unconscious pretty fats during that explosion," Maddy replied.

"What Maddy means to say is... it's okay," Steve smiled.

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save the both of you, and you'd both have to be honest with me, would you both trust me to do it?" Natasha asked.

"I would now! And we are always honest, even when we shouldn't," Maddy smiled.

"Well, you both seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing," Natasha said.

"Well, I guess we just like to know who we are fighting," Steve replied.

"BREAKFAST IS DONE!" Sam yelled from the other room.

Maddy laughed.

"Come on! Let's go eat, because I'm staving," Maddy said, climbing off the bed.

She quickly stumbled but Steve quickly caught her...

"Why don't you go change first," Steve said.

"Why? I can do that after I eat," Maddy frowned.

Steve looked down at Maddy and frowned at her... Maddy looked up into his eyes and sighed.

"Alright fine!" Maddy said.

"Oh I set some clothes out for you," Steve replied.

Maddy walked into the bathroom, and looked on the counter and, she smiled when she noticed it was a pair of sweatpants and a baggy band shirt.

She quickly threw them on and washed the dirt off her face.... and rushed out of the bathroom, into the kitchen.

"So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked.

"Pierce!" Maddy replied with a mouth full of food.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," Natasha said.

"He's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star," Steve replied.

"Jasper Sitwell!" Maddy said.

"So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve questioned.

"The answer is: you don't," Sam smiled dropping a file in front of them.

"What's this?" Maddy asked.

"Call it a resume," Sam said.

Maddy picked up a picture of Sam with his para-rescue team... she studied the picture.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid khandil mission, that was you both... you both didn't say he was a para-rescue," Natasha replied looking over at Maddy and Steve. 

"Is this Riley?" Maddy asked.

"Yeah," Sam sighed.

"I heard they couldn't bring in choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Natasha asked.

"No. These," Sam replied handing Steve and Maddy another file.

"I thought you said you were a pilot," Maddy said.

"I never said pilot," Sam smiled.

"We can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason," Maddy replied.

"Dude! Miss America and Captain America need my help. There's no better reason to get back in," Sam laughed.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asked.

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve inch steel wall," Sam smiled.

Maddy and Steve turn to look at Natasha... who shrugs her shoulders.

"Shouldn't be a problem!" Maddy said, throwing down the file and continued to eat.

"My god can you eat!" Sam laughed.

"Don't underestimate a woman whose hungry," Maddy said, turning to look at Steve.

"So since we are kidnapping Sitwell.... could I wear this?" Maddy asked.

"Maddy, you don't have to ask me... wear what you want," Steve laughed.

Maddy nodded.