Chapter 7

"How do you feel?" Peggy asked.

"I feel strangely stronger then from before.... someone give me something to break or throw," Maddy smiled.

Howard laughed.

"How about we try that later... you need rest," Erskine said.

Maddy sighed... she knew he was right, especially since she had to be in Jersey tomorrow.

"Why don't you rest in the car," Peggy smiled.

Maddy nodded.

She slowly walked up towards the stairs... she stopped on the top step and turned around.

"Thank you.... I know you could've picked anyone, but you picked me... and my brother, so thank you," Maddy smiled.

Howard and Erskine nodded.

Maddy put her hand on the knob to leave... but while she was opening it, the door fell down. Causing a loud crash.

"Whoa..." Maddy smiled.

Peggy rushed up the stairs...

Maddy gently placed the door on the ground, and continued to walk away... with Peggy on her tail.

Both Peggy and Maddy walk through the antique store and out the door....

Maddy looked around and noticed how dark it was.... but in her eyes everything was brighter.

Maddy smiled.

"When we get to Jersey... I'm gonna ask if you can be with me, I think it would be good... if I could keep an eye on you," Peggy replied.

"W-What why?!" Maddy asked.

"Just until you get the hang of your new self," Peggy smiled.

"Oh okay... well I guess that would be okay," Maddy shrugged.

"Great! Once we arrive, I'll talk to General Phillips," Peggy smiled.

They both quickly climbed into the black Cadillac... and left for Jersey.

                *************************

Maddy's head was up against the window... she was watching the tree go by.

"Maddy have you ever been in love?" Peggy asked.

Maddy lifted her head off the window and gave Peggy a crazy look.... but then laughed.

"Jump right into the question, I see," Maddy smiled.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked that," Peggy frowned.

"Oh no! It's okay.... and I thought I was, but I don't know," Maddy sighed... her mind wondered off, thinking about Bucky.

She quickly shook her head... and smiled.

"Someone must have hurt you," Peggy said.

"Didn't necessarily hurt me... more like he sees me as a child," Maddy replied.

"How so?" Peggy questioned.

"He is best friends with my brother," Maddy sighed.

"Oh.... well is he cute?" Peggy smirked.

"Who? My brother or the best friend?" Maddy laughed.

"The best friend!" Peggy smiled.

"He's attractive... he's got these beautiful blue eyes, and amazing dark brown hair," Maddy smiled.

They both laughed.

Suddenly the car came to a sudden stop.

"We're here," Peggy smiled.

Maddy looked out the window...

Her eyes widened, when she saw men running around.... some were just standing around, smoking and others were exercising.

"Let's go! General Phillips is waiting" Peggy said.

"Alright," Maddy sighed.

They both climbed out of the car... suddenly every man stopped what they were doing, and stared at them.

Maddy looked around then quickly dropped her head down... looking at her feet.