Chapter 179

Maddy sat next to Bucky....reading a random magazine Zemo handed her. Sam sat in front of them, reading emails on his phone..... while Zemo was reading a small journal.

"You all don't know what it's like to be locked in a cell," Zemo spoke up.

Maddy looked up from the magazine and frowned at Zemo.

"Oh. That's right. Sam and Bucky do," Zemo said.

"Why don't you tell us about where we're going?" Maddy asked.

"I'm sorry. I was just fascinated by this....I don't know what to call it, but this past seems to be important. Who is Nakajima?" Zemo asked.

Suddenly Bucky jumped up from his seat and rushed towards Zemo, grabbing him by the throat.

"If you touch that again, I'll kill you," Bucky growled, snatching the journal and sitting back down.

Maddy grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"I'm sorry. I understand that list of names...people you've wronged as the Winter Soldier," Zemo sighed.

"Don't push it!" Bucky snapped.

"I've seen that book. It was Steve's....when he came up out of the ice, I told him about Trouble man. He wrote it in that book...Maddy was there but of course she had to leave because she was tracking you, but did you hear it? What'd you think?" Sam asked.

"I like 40s music," Bucky said.

"You didn't like it?" Sam asked.

"I liked it...but you won't catch me listening to it," Bucky replied.

"It is a masterpiece, James! Complete. Comprehensive. It captures the African American experience," Zemo said.

"He's out of line, but he's right," Sam replied.

"It's great! Everybody loves Marvin Gaye," Sam said.

"I don't like Marvin Gaye....I only listen to 40s," Maddy mumbled.

"Well Steve adored Marvin Gaye," Sam smirked.

"Good for Steve," Maddy frowned.

"You must have really looked up tp Steve....but I realized something when I met him. The danger with people like him, America's Super Soldiers, is that we put them on a pedestals," Zemo said.

"You better watch what you say next Zemo!" Maddy snapped.

"They become symbols. Icons. And then we start to forget about their flaws. From there, cities fly, innocent people die. Movements are formed, wars are fought. You remember that, right? As a young soldier sent Germany to stop a mad icon. Do we want to live in a world full of people like Red Skull?" Zemo asked.

"Red Skull was an experiment gone wrong, the man was Evil from the beginning," Maddy said.

Zemo nodded and pulled out a map.

"This is why we're going to Madripoor," Zemo replied.

"What's up with Madripoor? You guys talk about it like it's Skull Island," Sam said.

"It's an island nation in the Indonesian archipelago, it was a pirate sanctuary back in the 1800s," Bucky replied.

"It's kept its lawless ways. But we cannot exactly walk in as ourselves. James, you will have to become someone you claim is gone," Zemo sighed.

                       *************
"ZEMO! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" Maddy asked, lifting up the outfit Zemo picked out.

It was a spaghetti strap black mini dress, that came with a fuzzy jacket.

"Put it on," Zemo smirked.

Maddy rushed to the bathroom and tried to fit into the dress, after jumping and pulling...she was in it.

"Zemo! I can't wear this!" Maddy groaned.

All of a sudden Bucky and Sam walked in.

"Zemo! She's not wearing that!" Bucky snapped.

"We need to fit in," Zemo sighed.

Zemo handed Maddy a black wig.

"Why do I have to dress like a whore and everyone has to dress normal?" Maddy asked.

"Oh you haven't seen Sam's outfit," Zemo smirked.

Maddy turned to look at Sam and Bucky....giving them a look for help.

"Maddy. We can do this," Sam smiled.

"I-I hope I can trust you on that, but I don't know if I can stay in this dress much longer," Maddy said.

"Then we should get a move on," Zemo replied, handing Sam his outfit.

                        ***********

"I'm the only one who looks like a pimp," Sam frowned.

Maddy slapped him in the chest and glared at him.

"Right. Sorry! Let me rephrase this. Why are we the only ones lookin like a pimp and a stripper?" Sam asked.

"Only an American would assume a fashion forward Black man looks like a pimp and a woman who wears a dress who exposes her body....but you both look exactly like the people you are suppose to play," Zemo said.

"And who are we suppose to be playing?" Maddy asked.

"The sophisticated, charming African rake named Conrad Mack, aka the Smiling Tiger...and Maddy will be his wife Trixie Mack, who is actually a pimp," Zemo replied.

"He even has a bad nickname," Sam said.

"Trixie?!" Maddy asked.

Zemo handed them a photo.

"Hell, we look just like them," Sam replied.

As they got closer to the city, they all held their noses.

"What the hell is that smell?" Maddy asked.

"Yeah, is that Acid?" Sam asked.

"No. That's just Madripoor," Zemo sighed.

Maddy looked at Bucky and gave him a concern looked.

"Don't worry...we'll be fine, I'll be fine," Bucky whispered.

"No matter what happens, we have to stay in character. Our lives depends on it. There's no margin for error," Zemo said.