Chapter 80

Maddy kicked down the door and threw Sitwell across the rooftop... Steve and Natasha followed behind.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Maddy growled.

"Never heard of it," Sitwell said, looking completely terrified.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked.

"I was throwing up! I got seasick!" Sitwell yelled but quickly paused when Maddy started to force him on the edge of the building.

Sitwell started to smile.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Miss Rogers," Sitwell replied.

"Honey everything is my style," Maddy smiled, and pushed Sitwell off the building.

"Oh, wait! What about that girl from accounting, Laura?" Natasha asked turning to look at Steve.

"Lillian? Lip piercing, right?" Steve questioned.

"Yeah she's cute!" Natasha smiled.

"A woman shouldn't have so many holes on her body," Maddy frowned.

"Yeah, Maddy is right.... I'm just not ready for that yet," Steve said.

Suddenly, Sam, in his Falcon jet-pack with wings, flies up holding Sitwell and roughly throws him on the roof.... at Maddy's feet.

"Zola's algorithm is a problem... for choosing insight targets!" Sitwell yelled.

"What targets?!" Maddy ordered.

"You! Steve! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Lowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future," Sitwell said, moving away from Maddy.

"The future? How could it know?!" Steve asked.

Sitwell laughed.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it," Sitwell said.

Maddy and Steve look at Sitwell with such confusion.

"Your bank records, medical history, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future," Sitwell said.

"And what then?" Maddy asked.

"Oh, my god! Pierce is gonna kill me," Sitwell replied.

"What then?!" Maddy growled.

"Then the insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list..... a few million at a time," Sitwell said.

                                **********

Natasha and Sitwell sat by the doors in the back of the car, while Maddy sat between them.... Steve was up in the front with Sam who was driving.

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks," Sitwell said.

"So why don't you try and stick a cork in it?" Sam questioned.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here," Natasha said.

"I know. We'll have to use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly," Steve spoke up.

"WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY? This is a terrible idea!" Sitwell screamed.

"We may just be a tad bit crazy," Maddy smirked.

Suddenly there was a loud thump on the top of the car... causing Maddy and Natasha to jump.

A familiar metal arm busted through the window and grabbed Sitwell.... and threw him into oncoming traffic, killing him.

Bullets quickly started flying through the car... Maddy and Natasha climbed up to the front, Natasha on Steve's lap while Maddy sat on the armrest.... very awkwardly.

"Shit," Sam spoke up.

Natasha tossed Maddy a gun... and they both started shooting.

"Hang on!" Steve yelled, he breaks open the door.... everyone quickly grabbed onto one another.

The car door slides down the street.

Maddy, Steve, Natasha and Sam quickly scatter and run off in different directions...but The Winter Soldier was mostly aiming towards Maddy and Natasha.

Maddy slammer her back up against a car... and started shooting at him, and managed to hit him in the face, she quickly jumped to her feet and leaped off the ledge.... where the other three were.

"MADDY!" Steve yelled out.

Maddy rolled under underneath a van, and watched as The Winter Soldier walked by... going in the direction where he thought she was.

She slowly crawled out and walked behind him.... waiting for him to make a move.

The Winter Soldier squat down and rolled a bomb under a car.... Maddy quickly jumped on top of him, laying a punch here and there.

The Winter Soldier hissed.

He roughly grabbed her by the shirt and pulled her over his body.... he slammed her body against the hard ground, knocking the wind right out of her.

"Damn, that was kinda hot," Maddy whispered.

Maddy jumped to her feet and looked over his shoulder... and saw that Natasha had her gun pointed at him.

The Winter Soldier quickly turned around and shot Natasha in the leg.... causing her to fall to her knees.

"NAT ARE YOU OKAY?!" Maddy called out... taking a few steps forward.

Steve quickly jumped in between Maddy and The Winter Soldier....

Maddy rushed over to Natasha.... but was waved off.

"NO! I'll be okay! You go finish him off," Natasha said.

Maddy stopped dead in tracks and turned around.... rushing back to Steve.

She watched at Steve grabbed The Winter Soldier by the face and pulled him over his body.... ripping his mask off.

Maddy came face to face with a familiar face.... a such beautiful angel face, one she would always remember... because it was burned into her skull.

Her heart dropped.

The color from her face drained.

She fell to her knees.

"B-Bucky? No! It can't be!" Maddy whispered... tears started welling up in her eyes.

He stared at her.... for a split second he smiled.

"Maddy?" Bucky said.

And then it was gone.... it was as if she was a totally stranger. Again.