Chapter 46

"It's stabilizing," Tony said walking in the control room.... with Agent Coulson.

"I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive, means the portal won't collapse on itself.... like it did at SHIELD," Coulson replied.

Maddy walked around the large table, and sat down next to Steve.

"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing.... Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long... as Loki wants," Tony said looking at Thor.

Maddy watched as Tony walked around the control room.

"That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did," Tony commented.

Tony slowly watched into the center of the room.... where he stopped and turned in circles, looking completely confused.

"How does Fury do this?" Tony asked.

"He turns," A woman replied.

"Well, that sounds exhausting.... The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component, he still needs in a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube," Tony said.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" The woman asked.

"Last night! The packet, Selvig's notes.... The Extraction Theory Paper. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony questioned.

"By the looks of things.... I say you were the only one who did the reading," Maddy laughed.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb," Banner spoke up.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect," Tony shrugged.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet," Banner said.

"Is that what just happened?" Maddy replied, leaning on the table.

Maddy watched as Tony and Banner shake hands.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner! You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled.... And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster," Tony smiled.

"Thanks," Banner replied dropping his head.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him," Fury said walking in the control room.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon," Steve replied.

"I don't know about that Steve, it looks like it could possibly be powered by the cube," Maddy said.

"I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys," Fury frowned.

"Monkeys? I do not understand," Thor replied... looking rather confused.

Maddy and Steve slammed their hands on the table, with huge smiles on their faces.

"We do! We understand that reference!" Maddy laughed.

Maddy looks over at Tony, who just rolled his eyes.... but she didn't care, she was rather proud of herself.... she was also proud of Steve.

"Shall we play Doctor?" Tony questioned.

"Let's play some," Banner smiled.

Following behind Tony, who walked out of the control room.

Maddy was rather curious.... on how'd they play doctor.

She stood up, slowly..... looking down at Steve.

"Excuse me, I think I'm going to explore this massive helicarrier," Maddy sighed, quickly walking out of the room.

Maddy stopped for a second when she heard Fury talking with Steve.

"I never thought Maddy would take charge, I always thought it'd be you.... Captain," Fury said.

"It was just a one time thing, Sir.... I don't think she has what it takes to be a leader," Steve replied.

Maddy's stomach dropped.... she couldn't believe what she was hearing, the one person she thought she could trust.... let her down, stopped believing in her.

Thor came walking down the hall, but stopped when he saw Maddy.... he turned around to look at Fury and Steve, anger grew inside of him.

"Miss America? Are you okay?" Thor asked.

"I-I'm fine.... just upset, but you can call me Maddy," Maddy sighed.

"You have what it's takes to be a leader! Don't let those punny humans tell you otherwise," Thor smiled.

Steve started walking down the hall, but stopped dead in his tracks.... when he saw Maddy.

"M-Maddy.... I can explain," Steve said walking towards Maddy and Thor.

"SAVE IT!" Maddy yelled... turning on her heels and rushing off.