Chapter 29

Steve kicks open the back door.... Maddy and Bucky rush in first, weapons ready only to find the train car empty..... they all three look at each other, confused.... but suspicious. They quickly head for the next car.

Steve, Bucky and Maddy bang into the next car, only to find it empty as well.

" I thought they were supposed to be hauling something," Bucky said.

Maddy looked over at Steve and watched as he unhooked his shield.... and looked around cautiously.

"They were," Steve replied.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Maddy babbled.

Maddy walks over to the door, yanking it open..... and cautiously walked in....Steve and Bucky follow behind.

They all three creep forward... into a darkened car.

Suddenly a steel plate drops over the door, sealing them in.... the lights quickly turn on, relieving a massive hydra trooper..... who was heavily armed, both of his arms held two huge cannons.

Maddy pulled out her gun.... and soon Bucky and Steve followed her move.

They quickly noticed, their guns pinged uselessly against the troopers armor.....

Maddy closely watched the trooper and noticed he was turning to aim at Steve... suddenly there was a huge bright blue light, and Steve shield slid towards Maddy's feet. She looked over towards Steve who was slammed into the back wall...... groaning out in pain.

"Steve are you okay?" Maddy called out.

Steve nodded.

Maddy turned her head back to the trooper, who had his cannon pointing at her, he quickly fired the cannon.... Bucky quickly grabbed her, pulling her towards him....

The blast rips a hole in the wall behind them.

The trooper turns back towards Steve, as he stands to his feet..... the trooper aims at Steve's chest, Maddy quickly stood in between both the trooper and Steve.

Suddenly Bucky stood in front of Maddy, holding Steve's shield....

"BUCKY NO!!!" Both Steve and Maddy yell.

The cannon fires.... hitting the shield, blowing Bucky through the hole in the wall.

Maddy gasped.... quickly running towards the large hole.

Maddy lunges, grabbing Bucky's slipping hand.... Maddy starts pulling Bucky back in the car.

Out of nowhere the trooper fires, vaporizing Bucky's arm into a blue mist.

Bucky's body whips away, tumbling into the bottomless gorge.... Maddy watched in horror.

"BUCKY!!! NOOO!!" Maddy cried out.

Maddy turned around with tears pouring down her face.... her eyes met Steve's, she could tell he was just as heartbroken as her.

Sudden rage filled Maddy.... she stood up, snatching the shield from Steve's hand.

The trooper fires... but Maddy holds on, knocking the blast away with the shield, the blast bounces off the shield and hits the trooper.... killing him instantly.