Chapter 23

Peggy and Maddy stood outside the local pub... both rather nervous to walk inside, both out of uniform....Peggy wore a dashing red dress while Maddy wore a dark blue dress, similar to the one Peggy was wearing... on her neck hung the locket that Bucky had given her.

"Maddy if we don't go in now then we'll never go in," Peggy laughed.

"Alright... how about 5 more minutes," Maddy sighed.

Peggy grabbed Maddy's arm and pulled her inside.... Maddy's stomach was now in her chest.

"What if he doesn't like the way I look?" Maddy mumbled.

"Oh nonsense! You look dashing!" Peggy smiled.

Maddy gave Peggy a small smile....Peggy returned it.

They both walked over to the bar, Maddy looked down at her feet.... she could feel everyone looking at her and Peggy.

"Captain," Peggy said.

Maddy looked up when she heard a chair move... she saw Steve stand up quickly.

"Agent Carter," Steve smiled.

Maddy looked over and saw Bucky staring at her... she smiled.

"Ma'am," Bucky smiled looking over at Peggy.

"Howard's got some equipment for you both to try. Tomorrow morning?" Peggy replied looking from Maddy then to Steve.

"T-That sounds fine," Steve smiled.

Suddenly Maddy and Steve's team started to sing... and it was rather terrible, but Maddy was enjoying it.

"I see the crack squad is prepping for duty," Peggy frowned.

Maddy laughed.

"You don't like music?" Bucky asked.

"I do actually..." Peggy paused then started looking over at Steve.

"I may even, when this is all over... go dancing," Peggy smiled.

Bucky grins and nods at the dance floor.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Bucky asked looking over at Maddy.... he extended his hand out to her, waiting for her to take it.

"I think Peggy wants to dance! Right Peggy?!" Maddy questioned.

"I'll wait..... I gotta find the right partner, you need to have fun Maddy!" Peggy smirked before turning on her heels and started to walk away, but stopped at the door way.

"08:00, Captain," Peggy smiled.

"Yes ma'am! I'll be there," Steve smiled.

Maddy looked over at Bucky... who's hand was still extended out... she slowly reached for his hand, and he quickly pulled her out onto the dance floor.

Bucky pulled her close and they started to dance slowly.... Maddy laid her head onto his chest and smiled.

"I forgot to tell you.... how beautiful you look tonight," Bucky whispered onto her ear.

"Oh Bucky," Maddy sighed.

Maddy turned her head to look at Steve... he was staring at her, but she couldn't help but noticed he was smiling.

After dancing what seemed forever... they pulled away and walked over towards Steve, who was now sitting at the bar drinking.

Maddy reached over Steve's shoulder and grabbed his drink.... quickly drinking it, feeling the burning sensation hit her throat.... she smiled.

"With this serum... it's like we are immune to everything," Maddy frowned.

Bucky and Steve laughed.... both pulling her into a tight hug.