Chapter 3

Maddy, Steve and Bucky walk down a busy midway.

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York, you know there's gonna be three and a half million women here?" Bucky said.

"I'd settle for just one," Steve replied.

Bucky waves to somebody off in the distance.

"Good thing I've already taken care of that," Bucky smiled.

"You are such an Ass Bucky!" Maddy snapped.

"Oh but we all know you love me," Bucky smirked.

"In your sweet little dream Buck," Steve frowned.

"You know what.... I'm gonna go find something better to do," Maddy sighed.

She looked over at Bucky... who was grinning, and still waving.

"What'd you tell her about me?" Steve asked.

"Only the good stuff," Bucky replied... turning to look at Steve and Maddy.

Maddy frowned... she turned on her heels and walked away.

She looked up and saw all the bright lights.... she frowned.

This wasn't how she pictured the future.

She looked around and saw people smiling and laughing.... everyone around her was happy, but her.

"Ugh ewww," Maddy groaned.

"Someone as beautiful as you, really shouldn't be out here all alone," A voice behind her said.

Maddy turned and saw a tall man, who was dressed like he had money.... lots of money.

"I'm not alone... or at least I wasn't," Maddy said.

"My name is Howard Stark.... what's your name beautiful?" Howard asked.

"Maddy Rogers.... wait you are the Howard Stark, the super rich... genius guy?" Maddy said.

Howard nodded.

"You know... I'm working on something with the military, you should come with me... and try it out!" Howard smiled.

"You aren't  gonna kill me... are you?" Maddy questioned.

"Oh no! The military and I are working on a super serum.... we have enough for two people, and I pick you!" Howard replied.

Maddy shrugged.

"What the hell, you only live once right," Maddy smiled.

She turned around and saw Bucky and Steve watching her..... she smirked and waved at them.

Maddy looked closer... she noticed that Steve was laughing, but Bucky looked pissed.

Was Bucky Barnes jealous? Maddy thought.

Suddenly Howard grabbed Maddy by the arm and started to drag her away...

"I'm supposed to leave tomorrow.... and report to a military base in Jersey," Maddy said.

"Don't worry...you should be there early tomorrow morning, after I get on stage and talk to the audience.... we'll leave," Howard replied.

Maddy nodded.

         ********************************
Howard stands next to 1942 Cadillac.

"Ladies, you know how hard it can be putting on makeup in a car that's bouncing like a kangaroo on a trampoline...." Howard called out to the audience.

Maddy stood on the side of the stage and watch as the crowd looked at him with awe.

"What if I told you that just in a few short years, your automobile wouldn't touch the ground at all?" Howard continued.

Howard hits a button, suddenly the car began to rise up off the ground.... Leaving the tires on the ground, bulky devices where the wheels should be.... the crowd gasped.

Maddy gaped... she was completely impressed.

"Holy cow," Maddy whispered.

"With Stark Gravitic Reversion Technology, you'll be able to just that...." Howard paused.

There was a sudden explosion, the flying car slams to the stage.

Maddy flinched.

"I did say a few years, didn't I?" Howard continued.

The audience applauded.

Maddy looks out into the audience and saw Steve.... but he looked disappointed, she watched as he turned his head... and started to walk away.

Maddy turned to look at Howard who was walking up towards her.

"I'll be right back, I-uh need to use the powder room," Maddy smiled.

"Okay... I'll just be here," Howard said.

Maddy nodded and rushed off stage... running after her brother.