Chapter 17

Maddy and Steve peer out from behind a bush, looking at the guards who were patrolling the main gate.... they quickly dropped as headlights sweep the road, they slowed peeked over the bush.... only to see three huge covered trucks rumble past them moving towards the gate.

While the gate guard checked the drivers paper.... Maddy and Steve slowly snuck past the first two trucks... and they quickly jumped into the back of the last truck.

Maddy looked over at Steve, who was staring at her.

"Are you ready? Also please stay near me... I don't wanna lose you in this huge place," Steve whispered, waiting for the truck to come to a sudden stop.

"Ready as I'll ever be...stop treating me like a kid," Maddy sighed quietly.

Suddenly a guard peers in the back of the truck.... he makes eye contact with Maddy.

"Hello!" Maddy smiled.

The guard smirked and tried grabbing for Maddy.... but before he could, he was hit in the face with Steve's shield.

"Lights out..." Maddy giggled.

They both jump out of the truck... and dash towards the shadows, blending in.... hoping they wouldn't get caught.

Maddy and Steve slowly made their way into the facility..... knocking out as many guards as they could.

Maddy slowly walks up behind one guard, that was above the cages... that were holding the prisoners, she tapped the guard on the shoulder and once he turned around, she brought her leg up and kicked him in the face..... knocking him out completely.

Suddenly Maddy heard people talking underneath her... she looked down.

"Hi," Maddy smiled.

The prisoners stare at her.... completely stunned, they all soon raised their eyebrows when Steve walked up to Maddy.... staring mostly at him, because he was holding a shield.

"Who the hell are you two supposed to be?" A prisoner asked.

"I'm..... Captain America," Steve paused looking at Maddy.

"And this is Miss America," Steve finished.

Maddy noticed the prisoners excitement died.

"Merde," Another prisoner said.

Steve quickly started to free the prisoners...

"What, are we taking everyone?" A man named Dugan asked.

"I'm from Fresno, Ace," A Japanese America who was named Morita said.

Maddy and Steve search the throng of prisoner.

"Are there any others?" Maddy asked.

"They did take a number of men to isolation ward....I'm afraid we haven't seen them since," a man named Falsworth replied... looking at Maddy.

Maddy nodded and turned on her heels took ran off towards the isolation ward.... looking for the other prisoners.

"MADDY WHAT THE HELL?! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO STAY TOGETHER!!" Steve yelled after Maddy... but she didn't even turn around... she just kept running, knowing he'd catch up sooner or later.