Chapter 55

Maddy sat gracefully on top of a car.... watching two policemen argue, Steve was standing behind her.

"We need to get out! They gotta bring the National guard," A young cop said.

"National Guard? Does the army know what's happening here?" An older cop replied.

"We need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of Fire, you take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets, we need a perimeter as far back as as 39th," Steve ordered.

"Why the hell would I take orders from you," The older cop snorted.

Suddenly an explosion happened behind Steve and Maddy..... they both quickly turn around, Steve blocks an energy blast, while Maddy completely dodged it. Two Alien soldier's both attack them..... the cops watch in shock as both Maddy and Steve fight off the Aliens.

Maddy quickly jumps on top of one of the Aliens, and quickly grabs it by the neck.... instantly snapping its neck, she turned towards Steve who roughly chopped the other Aliens..... hand clean off, Maddy grabbed her gun and shot the alien.... watching it stumble back off the car and die.

Steve and Maddy snapped their heads towards the cops direction..... seeing how they all had their jaw dropped, practically touching the ground.

"Alright! I need men on those buildings, lead the people down and away from the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th," The older cop said.

Maddy giggled.

She turned on her heels and started running back towards Natasha and Barton, she looked over her shoulder and saw Steve.... just standing there.

"You coming?" Maddy asked.

"Of course!" Steve smiled.

They quickly jump back up on the bridge, Maddy brings up her gun and starts shootings the aliens, while Steve smashes them with his shield.

Maddy looked over at Natasha, who looked completely defeated.

"You okay?" Maddy answered.

"What? Oh yeah! Totally!" Natasha laughed.

Suddenly lightning strikes down from the sky, channeling the blast, firing the electricity out at the Aliens.... they blasted back in a massive shockwave, the quickly drop dead to the ground and quickly Thor appeared... with a huge grin.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve questioned, running up towards Thor.

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor said.

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys!" Tony replied through the ear piece.

"H-How do we do that?" Natasha asked.

"As a team of course!" Maddy smiled.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor stated.

"Yeah, we'll get in line," Barton snarled.

"Hey! Save it! Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild, We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us....." Maddy said but was instantly cut off by a small motorbike.

The whole team turned towards the motorbike.... they sighed when they noticed it was Banner.

"So, this all seems horrible," Banner chuckled.

"Yeah, well we've seen worse," Natasha replied, looking from Maddy than to Banner.

"Sorry," Banner smiled.

"No! We could use a little worse," Maddy said.

"Stark? We got him!" Steve spoke up.

"Banner?" Tony asked.

"Just like you said," Steve said.

"Then tell him to suit up,  I'm bring the party to you," Tony replied.

Suddenly Tony comes out from behind a building... a huge alien worm thing follows behind.

"I...... I don't see how that's a party," Natasha said.

"Well if I would've known this was a party, I would've brought the snacks," Maddy laughed.

"Dr. Banner! Now might be a really good time for you to get angry," Steve replied.

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry!" Banner smirked.

The whole team watched as Banner's body started to swell and stretch and harden.... instantly turning green.