Chapter 74

Steve rides out of the SHEILD garage on his motorcycle, with Maddy on the back... evading the obstacles laid out but then a quinjet emerges in front of them.

"STAND DOWN, CAPTAIN ROGERS.... MISS ROGERS! STAND DOWN!" The Quinjet Pilot ordered.

Steve doesn't stop to obey the order....

"Hang on Maddy!" Steve said.

The quinjet starts shooting at the both of them.

"I want you to grab my shield and throw it at the propeller, can you do that?" Steve asked.

Maddy grabbed his shield and throws it into the propeller to jam it.... she quickly stood up on the back of the motorcycle and jumped onto the quinjet, she grabbed the shield and smashed the window... and decided to add more damage to it. She quickly flipped off the quinjet and lands behind it.... watching it crashing down, causing a huge explosion.

Steve pulled up beside her... with a huge smile.

"I have to say.... that was pretty cool," Steve said.

"What can I say.... I'm a cool person," Maddy laughed, getting back on the motorcycle.

*****************

They pulled up in front of their apartment... and noticed three large black vans sitting there.

"Those belong to SHIELD.... and I'm guessing we are fugitives now," Maddy sighed.

"I guess so," Steve said.

"Only one of us should go in, and I think it should be me," Maddy replied getting off the motorcycle.

"Go in and get out! Fast! We need to get back to the hospital.... I left something there," Steve said.

"You left the flash drive there?" Maddy whispered.

"Maybe," Steve smiled.

Maddy quickly ran towards the back of the apartment building..... and climbed up the ladder, slipping into a window... quietly.

She ran down the hallway and reached her apartment door, she gently opened the door and walked in..... slowly. Maddy stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a pool of Fury's blood, she sighed.

"I should probably clean that up... but I'm a fugitive now so it'll have to wait," Maddy mumbled.

She walked into her room and grabbed a bag and started packing some clothes for her, she quickly looked around her room for her journal and noticed it was no where in sight.

"Where the bloody hell is my journal?" Maddy said.

She slammed her foot against the ground and walked into Steve's room and grabbed him some clothes and shoved them into another bag.

Maddy quickly rushed out of the apartment and climbed out the window and down the ladder.

"Have you seen my journal?" Maddy asked walking up to Steve.

"Last time I saw it was in your hand, that day we went for a jog," Steve said.

Maddy frowned and tossed him, his bag and climbed on the motorcycle.....

"You packed my favorite jacket!" Steve smiled.

"Yeah.... when we get to the hospital, we'll have to change," Maddy said... rolling her eyes.

Steve quickly turned on the motorcycle and drove away.... with Maddy on the back thinking about what happened to her journal.