Chapter 142

After Natasha cleaned up everything, and placed Maddy on the couch... Tony and Pepper finally showed. Maddy cradled her son, admiring him.

"Boy or girl?" Tony asked, walking over to the couch.

"It's a boy," Steve smirked.

"What is his name?" Tony asked.

"James Nash Steven Anthony Barnes," Maddy smiled.

"I KNEW I WAS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITES!" Tony cheered.

Everyone laughed.

"Oh Maddy! Tony and I got you something," Pepper said.

Maddy looked up....confusion filled her eyes.

"Ah yes! We are getting a cabin near the lake....and we also decided to build you a house on the other side! Because now our kids can grow up together!" Tony smiled.

"Our kids?" Maddy asked.

"Pepper is pregnant!" Tony cheered.

"Wait! You guys built me a house?" Maddy asked, completely surprised.

"Yes!" Pepper smiled.

"Thank you so much!" Maddy said.

"Congrats on the baby!" Natasha smiled.

Steve quickly rushed out of the room...not saying a word.

They all looked at one another, completely confused....worry filled Maddy's eyes. She slowly stood up, flinching....Natasha quickly grabbed onto Maddy, steadying her, seeing as she stumbled a little.

"I'm okay," Maddy replied, pulling away.

"Here! I'll take James," Tony smiled.

Maddy nodded, turning on her feet and rushed after Steve.

******************************************************************

Maddy searched every room....seeing that Steve was no where in sight.

"Steve?!" Maddy called out, walking outside.

Maddy walked down the steps and looked off in the distance....seeing him standing by the water. As she got closer, she noticed that he was crying.

"Steve? Are you okay?" Maddy asked.

"I-I uh what are you doing out here?" Steve asked wiping his face.

"To come find you....you rushed out of the room so fast," Maddy sighed.

"I just had to get some air," Steve said.

"You are lying," Maddy replied.

"I'm upset....not with you but with Thanos, with Red Skull with every evil man," Steve sighed, turning to look at Maddy.

"Red Skull? He's dead....so is Thanos," Maddy said.

"I'm upset because Bucky.....will never see his beautiful baby boy grow up," Steve frowned.

"Oh Steve....Bucky will see James grow up! Because I'll find a way to bring them back....bring them all back," Maddy smiled.

"When he dusted...How did you feel?" Steve asked, changing the subject.

"Remember when mother died? And how it was like we both were drowning....because we had taken care or her and each other for so long....that when she died it was like something missing? It felt like that, only worse. Bucky was my everything! And now James is my world," Maddy sighed.

"Losing mother was hard.... I remember," Steve said.

Maddy pulled Steve into a hug....a tight hug.

"Just know....if there isn't a way to bring Bucky back.....you'll still have me," Maddy smiled.

"And if you leave me?" Steve asked.

"I wouldn't dare to leave you!" Maddy replied.

Steve pulled away and stared at her....hope filled his eyes.

"I am with you till the end of the line brother!" Maddy smiled.

"And I you," Steve said.

"We should get back....I feel like I need to feed James," Maddy groaned, grabbing her chest.

Steve nodded and grabbed Maddy's hand and they both started walking towards the building.