Chapter 165

A few months had gone by since Steve gave Maddy the shield..... she was happy about it, but a part of her didn't think she deserved it.

She sat on the porch with Bucky between her legs..... she carefully cut his hair.

"I don't understand why you want me to cut your hair," Maddy mumbled.

"I like it short... besides it's a new start," Bucky smiled.

"I like it long, gives me something to grab," Maddy laughed, tugging on his hair.

Bucky turned around and looked up at Maddy..... he grabbed her chin and pulled her in for a quick kiss, they pulled away... both wanting more.

"So in a few days I have to leave.... and head into the city for a few weeks," Bucky sighed.

"Oh yeah.... must you remind me," Maddy frowned.

"The government ordered it....in order to live the life I want, I must do therapy," Bucky groaned.

"It's just until they clear you, right?" Maddy asked.

"Yes," Bucky smiled.

"Will I be able to visit you?" Maddy asked.

"But of course my darling! Not being able to be around you everyday will be hard.... but it must be done," Bucky said.

"I know," Maddy sighed.

"But don't worry.... Sam said he was gonna stick around for awhile, apparently he said something about y'all doing some mission with the army," Bucky replied.

"Oh he did now?!" Maddy said.

"But the look you just gave me.... I'm guess you didn't know," Bucky laughed.

"I didn't know, but thank you for telling me," Maddy smiled.

"Have you heard anything from Steve?" Bucky asked, standing up.

"He sent a post card yesterday.... apparently him and mystery girl are in Italy," Maddy said.

Suddenly Sam and James bolted out of the door and raced down the stairs, knocking Bucky over.

Maddy threw her head back and laughed, Bucky looked at Maddy...... lifting up an eyebrow.

"You think that's funny?" Bucky asked, a smirk forming.

"Absolutely not," Maddy laughed.

All of a sudden Maddy jumped up and bolted away..... Bucky jumped up and chased after her.

They both ran around the yard....

"You'll never catch me!" Maddy laughed, looking over her shoulder.

"Never say never," Bucky said.

Maddy stopped dead in her tracks.... causing Bucky to run right into her, they both fell over.

"For a super soldier you sure are very slow," Maddy replied.

"That's not true," Bucky smirked.

"It most definitely is!" Maddy laughed.

James came running up to them both.... worry filled his eyes.

"Mommy? Daddy? Are you both okay?" James asked.

Maddy sat up laughed.

"We're fine," Maddy smiled. 

Bucky jumped to his feet and lifted James into the air.... laughter filled the air.

Maddy watched Bucky and James...

"Daddy? Can you come fishing with me?" James asked.

"Of course! Race you to the lake," Bucky said.

With that they both raced to the lake.

Maddy stood up.... suddenly she grabbed her stomach. Sickness over came her.

"Oh no!" Maddy groaned, rushing inside.