Chapter 174

Maddy, Bucky and Sam walk down the road minding their own business when suddenly they heard a car honk.....they all three turned their heads and frowned.

"So that didn't go as planned, huh?" John asked.

The car comes to a stop, and John opens the back door....Maddy, Bucky and Sam continue to walk.

"Okay," John sighed.

The car continued to follow them...

"Look, at least we know what we're up against now, huh?" John asked.

The three of them continued to ignore him.

"We're pretty sure it's one of the Big Three," John replied.

"Aliens, androids and or wizards?" Sam asked.

Maddy snapped her head towards his direction and punched his shoulder.

"Pretty sure," John said.

"Ow! What was that for?" Sam asked, looking down at Maddy.

"Don't talk to him," Maddy frowned.

"There's no such thing as wizards," Bucky spoke up.

Maddy turned and looked at him....

"Are you serious?" Maddy whispered.

"But it also could be Super Soldiers," John said.

"Shit! Super Soldiers, for real?" Lemar asked.

"Yeah," Sam replied.

"Wow! Alright, well....then we gotta work together," John said.

"That's not happening," Maddy scoffed.

"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just...." John replied but was cut off.

"Just because you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America," Bucky said.

"Look, I've done the work, okay?" John asked.

"You ever jump on top of a grenade?" Maddy asked.

"Yes! Actually, I have four times," John smirked.

Maddy glared at John....

"It's a thing I do with my helmet. It's a reinforced helmet....it's a long story, but anyhow! It's 20 miles to airport. You guys need a ride?" John asked.

"Guys....come on, just get on," Lemur said.

Sam and Bucky turned to look at Maddy.....

"What?" Maddy asked.

"Should we?" Sam asked.

"You shouldn't walk 20 miles...... especially since you got thrown off a moving truck," Bucky replied.

"I-uh fine!" Maddy frowned.

They all three climbed into the back of the car...... regretting the decision as soon as John started talking about the Super Soldiers.

"So we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bulk supply run," John said.

Maddy glared at him.

"But why?" John asked, ignoring her.

"They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip," Sam replied.

"Maybe they're just trying to help," Maddy said.

"Had a funny way of showing it," John frowned.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Maddy asked.

"The serum doesn't exactly have a great track record. No offense," John said, looking over at Bucky.

"He didn't have control! Hydra had their claws on him....but he's fine now!" Maddy growled.

Bucky placed a hand on Maddy's shoulder....trying to calm her down.

"How'd you track them here? The Flag Smashers?" Sam asked.

"Uh....we didn't track them, we tracked you, uh, through Redwing," John smirked.

"You hacked my tech?!" Sam asked.

"Sorry! It's not exactly hacking....it's government property," John laughed.

Sam frowned.....not sure how to respond to what John had said.

"D-Does he always stare like that?" John asked.

"You get used to it," Sam mumbled.

"Okay, look....you know, things have gotten kind of, uh.....chaotic," John said.

Maddy laid her head on Bucky's shoulder....trying so hard to drown out the conversation that was going on.

"Yeah. The GRC, they're doing the best they can to get things up and running smoothly, post Blip," Sam replied.

"Reactivating citizenship, social security, healthcare," Lemar said.

"Basically just managing resources for the refugees who were displaced by the return," Sam said.

"The Global Repatriation Council does all that. I get that," John smiled.

"So why exactly are you two here?" Sam asked.

Maddy lifted her head....suddenly she started getting motion sickness.

"Are you okay?" Bucky asked.

Maddy grabbed his hand and smiled....trying to hide the fact that she may get sick at any given moment.

"Well, they provide the resources and we keep things stable," John replied.

"Yeah, violent revolutionaries aren't usually good for anyone's cause......usually said by the people with the resources," Sam said.

"We got a lot of resources! But if you guys.....if you joined up with us, we could..." John replied.

"No!" Maddy said.

"I got mad respect for the three of y'all ....but you were getting your asses kicked till we showed up," Lemar laughed.

"Who are you?" Bucky asked.

"Lemar Hoskins," Lemar smiled.

"Look, I see a guy hanging out of a helicopter in tactical gear, I need a lot more than Lemar Hoskins," Bucky frowned.

"I'm Battlestar. John's partner," Lemar said.

"Battlestar?" Maddy asked.

"STOP THE CAR!" Bucky ordered.

The car came to a sudden stop....Maddy, Bucky and Sam jumped out.

"Look, I.....I get it, okay? I get the attitude, I do. You all didn't think that the shield was gonna end up here. I get it. And I'm....I'm not trying to be Steve. I'm not trying to replace Steve. I'm just trying to be the best Captain America I can be. That's it! It'd be a whole lot easier if I had Cap's wingmen and his sister on my side," John sighed.

Maddy looked at John....and scrunched up her face.

"Well Cap...It won't happen. Ever!" Maddy said.

And with that she turned on her heels and walked away....with Sam and Bucky not far behind her.