Chapter 89

The Avengers and Maddy quickly arrive at the HYDRA base in Sokovia..... everyone had a job expect Maddy.

"Are you really benching me?!" Maddy asked looking from Steve to Tony.

"Don't look at me! I just make everything pretty!" Tony laughed.

"You've been gone! You are probably out of shape.... we can't lose this fight!" Steve snapped.

" Look I know I hurt you! But you don't need to bench me..... you said it yourself this team needs me as much as I need it!" Maddy said.

"I've made up my mind! You will wait here, until further instructions," Steve ordered.

"And if I don't?" Maddy growled.

"Then I will forcefully remove you from this team! And you will no longer be apart of the Avengers!" Steve snapped.

"S-Steve? You shouldn't bench her... we are gonna need all the backup out there," Natasha sighed.

"NO! She is staying here! And that's final!" Steve ordered.

Everyone started walking off the Quinjet.... except Steve and Maddy.

"I hate you!" Maddy whispered.

Steve turned and looked at her.... sadness quickly filled his eyes.

"I'm doing this for your own good," Steve sighed.

"No you are not! You are acting like a father.... NEWS FLASH OUR DAD IS DEAD!" Maddy yelled.

"I just wanna protect you," Steve said.

"I don't need you to protect me! I am a grown woman!" Maddy snapped.

"Fine," Steve sighed sadly and quickly rushed off the Quinjet.

Maddy rolled her eyes and sat down in a chair and started mumbling to herself....while everyone else rushed towards the HYDRA base.

                           *************
Maddy turned on her headset speaker on... so she could listen in on what everyone was saying, she jerked her head when a Tony screamed in her ear.

"SHIT!" Tony yelled.

"Language! JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve asked.

Maddy spun around in the chair.... listening in.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base  we've taken," JARVIS said.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last," Thor replied.

Maddy started humming.... while now walking around the jet.

"You know Steve..... you didn't have to bench Maddy, we actually need her," Natasha spoke up.

"Natasha I really don't wanna have this discussion," Steve said.

"Wait! You benched little Rogers?!" Thor asked.

"Yes! But I did it for her own good! She disappeared for a whole year and then suddenly decided to show up and act like nothing ever happened," Steve replied.

"She's the strongest out of the both of you! And not to mention she said she needed time alone.... so why be angry with her?" Thor questioned.

"She is not! And I'm not angry with her.... I'm hurt by her actions! But i'm in charge of this team!" Steve said.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha said quickly changing the subject.

"Yeah! I think we lost the element of surprise... and not to mention our secret weapon," Clint replied.

"Our secret weapon?" Steve questioned.

"Maddy! Without her we aren't much of a team," Clint said.

"ENOUGH! SHE'S NOT GONNA JOIN US ON THIS MISSION!" Steve ordered.

"Why not?" Natasha asked.

"BECAUSE SHE CANT BE TRUSTED!" Steve yelled.

Maddy froze in her seat.... the words that left his mouth stabbed her in the heart, crushing her.... her lips started to tremble and so enough she started sobbing..... sobbing quietly.

"Maddy?" Natasha questioned.

Maddy looked at her headset and noticed a red button was on.... she quickly turned it off.

"I think she just heard you," Clint said.

"I sense a huge siblings fight after this... and let me just say I will totally side with Maddy," Tony replied.

"Not helping Tony," Steve said.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said *language*?" Tony asked.

"I know...." Steve paused.

"It just slipped out!" Steve continued.

Maddy quickly wiped her face.... and straightened up.

Suddenly she heard a bunch of yelling coming from the headset...

"CLINT'S HIT!!! WE REALLY NEED MADDY!" Natasha yelled.

Before Steve could say anything, Maddy grabbed her headset and placed it on and raced off the jet.

"I'm on my way!" Maddy said.