-47-

______________________________
Looking at my phone constantly, feet shaking, eyes wavering as I kept glancing across at the clock on the wall. Hours, minutes and seconds tick by and still there's no sign of Jungkook. My hands gripping tightly around my phone as a state of panic took over me, I know he said he'll be home late but...for some reason I'm uneasy....can't help my mind from running on him. Is this what marriage feels like? Do you  fell uneasy when your significant other is having a hard time??

It's almost midnight...

Not a single text or a single missed call from him. It's not that he ever does but for some reason a part of me thought he would at least tell me he's okay.

With a shaky voice I called Taehyung. Jungkook is usually with him all the time, so I suspected he'll be there.

"T-Taehyung...." I breathed out as he picked up in less than 1 ring.

"Y/n...what's wrong,you okay?" Taehyung responded as he brushed his fingers across his eyes. Eyelids heavy as he now laid down to sleep. Worry taking over his body as he heard the tone of you voice.

"Oh...did I wake you, I'm sorry....I just thought Jungkook was with you...." I said lowly as I heard his low raspy voice. I could recognize that tone of voice anytime of the day, he was now getting ready for bed....So then where's Jungkook?!

"Jungkook isn't home?" Taehyung questioned almost alarmed at the sudden realization.

"No...he told me he had an urgent meeting...and he'll be home late...." I choked out almost in a shaky voice as my feet rocked up and down. There was no need to hide from Taehyung anymore, he knew what type of guy Jungkook was. Anxiety rushing through my body as I immediately grew more worried.

"Meeting? This hour of the night..." Taehyung breathed out as a low sigh left his mouth.

"Wha-"

"I'll go get him...don't worry..." Taehyung mumbles. "I know exactly what's happening...."

"What?" I sounded out before the line fills with silent with a beeping sound following behind.

Does he really think hanging up on me right now is going to help with my situation? I groaned as I threw my phone beside me. Why worry, Taehyung did say he knows what's happening....what was that even supposed to mean. Being with Jungkook is like going through a complete treasure hunt, you never know what clue you may find along the way.

||

I knew exactly where Jungkook is right now. It's like the past is reoccurring all over again. I noticed since the beginning of the week....he's been shutting me off and all the friends around him. I know he's been home with y/n for the past few day but the there's only one reason he's not there tonight......he's seeing her again.

If he sees her again...he's going to shut everyone out like before. He's going to be the old Jungkook, the worst Jungkook.

Fingers ruffling through my hair as I hopped in my car and rushed off to his office. Ever since I knew Jungkook he drowns himself in his office with liquor every time he had a fall out with Jiyeon. I know I acted surprised when y/n told me that's her best friend but....Jungkook didn't know but I knew.

...
My eyes glancing up at the tall building as I parked in the parking lot and of course his car is packed there, right where it always is.

Come on Jungkook....not again.....

I sighed before making my way up the elevator, just in a blink of an eye I'm standing infront the huge doors. I could just feel his presence in there already.....and my instincts already told me it's not going to be easy.....

I battled Jungkook out of that shell, trying to get him to get better, fix himself and be a better man....but at first it went well....until she came back around again.....and then left when they unborn child came in the picture. Jungkook and Jiyeon was in the most serious relationships, I myself thought they were going to get married, but not everything works out. She slowly became tired of him....until she ventured out for more pleasure....not until....she got pregnant by some other man.

Jungkook didn't know until later on, Jiyeon fooled him. She had him wrapped around her finger like one of those play dolls. He believed her more than anything, even more than me. It was only until she told him she's pregnant with his child......but at that time only I knew.

Jungkook believed it all, believed her faster than the wind blew by. He was all happy to become a father, Jungkook was always fond of having a little kid of his own. That Jungkook was the sweetest guy out, if I was gay....I would have been mighty whipped for him as well.

But she's the reason he's like this.....
She didn't just show him that she didn't love him, but she also lied about having his child when we both knew it was someone else's.

A sigh pursing through my lips before I mentally prepared myself to face this once more. My hands falling on the door knob before I'm slowly entering inside.

"Jungkook....."

________________________________
Thanks for reading 🥺