-19-

______________________________
"Thanks for the lunch..." I said as we walked out to restaurant towards his car.

"No problem..." he responded as we got into the car.

"Shall I drop you home? Your shift is over..." he said as we pulled out the driveway..

"You know when my shifts ends??..." I questioned as I looked at him...

"I..uh- no I saw u get off at this hour yesterday..." he said as he looked away..

"Oh..." I chuckled as I looked down...

"You want me take you home?..." he asked once more...

"Home?!" I exclaimed as I chuckled to myself..

He can't take me home...I live with Jungkook...of course he's gonna know where Jungkook lives.

"Yes y/n home.." he chuckled at my strange behavior.

"Oh..uh...no I have some documents to work on still..." I said as I tugged my hair behind my ear.

"You're working overtime I see..." he continued..

I just awkwardly giggled as I looked down and fiddled with my fingers.

~time skip~

We pulled into the office driveway as we got into the office. It was already late afternoon and most of the employees were already gone.

"Do you want me stay with you?.." Namjoon asks as we walk closer to his office..

"Oh uh..you don't have to..." I said as I looked up to meet his gaze..

"Are you sure? I can take you home after..." he said once more..

"It's okay...you can go home...I'll take care.."

"I'll see you tomorrow then..." he said as his voice cracked as he turned around to walk away..

"Wait!" I called out to him.

"Yes.." he said as he slightly turned back around..

"It's nothing..." I said as I turned around and took a deep breath as I took the elevator...

I don't know what had gotten into me...but some part of me doesn't want to lie to Namjoon anymore, when he does find out the truth it will only ruin our friendship. It's best I tell him...I don't want him finding out on his own or from someone else...that'll just make things worst....

The elevator dinged opening to reveal jungkook's office. I wandered if he was still here,he did tell me he was gonna be home late.

I walked into his office but there was no sign of him. I walked over to my desk and placed my bag down, I threw myself on my chair as a loud sigh pursed through my lips.

What am I supposed to do? Why is everything so complicated...ugh...

"Oh y/n you're still here..." a voice echoed through the office causing me to jump with fright on my chair.

"Oh Mr.Jeon..." I breathed out "you scared me.." I chuckled.

"I told you call me dad..." he said as he walked into the office with a weird expression on his face as he looked around the office in search of Jungkook.

"Where's Jungkook?" He asked..

"I..uh..he said he's gonna be home later today..." I said as I looked down.

"Did he really leave you here alone...Aish...I'll take you home dear..." he said in a frustrated tone of voice.

"Thank you...sir..." I said as I grabbed my bag..

"What did I say?..." he said as he stood expressionless.

"D-dad.." I corrected my mistake as I placed a strand of hair behind my ear.

I guess this dominance thing runs in the family. They all expect you to listen to them. No wonder Jungkook is like that.

"Let's go home..." his dad insisted as we left the office.

||

"Thank you si—uh d-dad...." I stuttered as I bowed slightly and smiled still adjusting to calling him dad.

"You're welcome dear..." he said as he drove out of our driveway...

I walked into the dark house as my heels clicked on the wooden floor. I threw my bag on the coffee table as my body flopped on the couch.

My eyes wandered all about the ceiling as he ran into my mind. Where is he? Ugh y/n why do you care? He doesn't care about you.....

A slight frown formed on my lips... some part of me is already missing him. It's only been two days and I felt as if I'm closer to him than he is to me....I ruffled my fingers through my hair as I sighed....

I got up from the couch as I walked up to my room. I decided to take a shower and clear my mind a bit.

I hopped in the shower as I took a hot bath...a warm bath always makes me feel relaxed, it always relieves tension.

I got out the shower and dressed into my pajamas. I ran a towel through my wet hair in attempt to dry it a bit. I checked the time on my phone and it was already 9pm. Where is he?....I sighed as I headed downstairs.

________________________________
To be continued.....
Don't forget to vote 👍🏻❤️💜
~~
Thank you all so much for 5.62k on my Taehyung book 🥺😆