-43-

_____________________________
I sat at the edge of my bed as I finally got the peace of opening my phone and getting to reply to the messages. A sigh pursed through my lips before flipping open the messenger app. My thumbs stood numb at Namjoon's message not knowing what to reply at this point. My lips getting caught in my teeth as I lightly mumbled on them thinking of the most purest excuse.

"I...sorry for the late reply...fell asleep early last night...." I messages in the chat bar.
My eyes stared down at the message as my thumb held slightly over the send button. Should I send it? Will he believe it? Is that excuse believable? Aish why am I fussing over this....

I clicked send without any other further discussions. The message marked as 'delivered' as I exited his chat and headed straight towards Taehyung's own. I thought he was coming over last night? I didn't even get to look at his notification when it dinged off this morning. Jungkook seemed as if he was about to hit it off again if that message hadn't dinged off in the room.

TAE

"Sorry y/n...."
"I couldn't make it last night....I um...didn't feel so well..."

"Oh"
"that's okay....you don't have to explain to me...well at least not anymore...."

It doesn't take long until my room fills with another message notification.

"
Yeah...I- still getting used to this...."
"Are you okay?? Did you sleep well? "Did Jungkook do anything?"

"Wow...."
"And No he didn't...."
"We both went to sleep early..."
"After all he's sick...he needs some rest...."

"Sleep? What? Same bed?!"

"You're just like a father you know that?...."

"Besides where are you?!...you're gonna be late for work...."

"I uh...not coming in today...."

"What?! Why not? Did he do you something?!...."

"Noo...he took the day off because apparently we have some party Saturday?"

"Oh yeah that one...."

"That one?"

"So that's why you're not coming in today?! You expect me to believe that?"

"Aish...he's taking me to buy a dress for tomorrow...."

"He's taking you to buy a dress?"

"Yeah is it that shocking..."

"Y/n...just stay alert okay...."
"Be careful..."

"Be careful??"

With that message, the sight of the word 'read' pasted under my message of "be careful?" He didn't respond but instead left me like that. Why did he say that? He's just making my mind more flustered than it already is.

I sighed as my phone plopped at the side of me. A sigh softly pursing through my lips before my back fell against the bed. My eyes fluttering shut as I took a moment to clear my mind.

I needed to slow down a bit. Everything was moving so fast for the past few days. Jungkook started moving weird, Namjoon's entering the picture and Taehyung....well I don't even know how we continue to face each other everyday.

My dad clearly not thinking about me anymore. He technically don't call me, he doesn't check up on me like he used to do, instead he's slowly letting me go as his business continues to rise. Well my mom, nothing could explain that situation. It's been a while since I've visited her grave. I couldn't go there without breaking down and falling to my knees. As much as I would love to have her around right now.....I know she'll be disappointed in me....she'll be disappointed in her husband.

||TAEHYUNG||

A sigh pursed through my lips as Y/n's question clouded our chat. I knew she wanted the answer but I couldn't tell her. I couldn't bring myself to telling her that Jungkook is only going to break her in the end. He's only using her for money and to help his dad. He's only using her to get the place of CEO. He's only using her because she is Mr. Kim's daughter. I just couldn't bring myself to let these words slip to y/n, not ever,but instead I just gotta sit back and watch as it unfolds everyday.

Now jungkook's taking her to buy a dress for tomorrow. That's only part of his plan. I know Jungkook all to well for me not to know his usual tricks he does with girls. The last time Jungkook fell in love.....it didn't end well. He doesn't really talk about it much,but that's one of the reason why he doesn't believe in this love thing anymore......but he always puts the blame on his parents.

But....I know to myself....it's going to come to the time Jungkook's going to realize his mistakes. Im not going to allow him to break y/n. I'm not going to let her think her life is going to crumble down after he breaks her. I'm not going to let him use her.

Jungkook and I are best friends. I would never want to ruin his relationship and have that on my conscience till death,but I'm not going to sit back and wait till her breaks her. Y/n is just as gullible as the rest of those girls. She trusts people to fast and she allows them to know her to quickly. Jungkook isn't going to realize that he's missing out on the best opportunity. Yet he is acting stubborn and allowing himself to be caught up into getting on top and being CEO. As he continues this, Jungkook isn't realizing that he's only pushing others away, he's only going to sink into a deep dark hole where he's going to have no one, and he's only going to realize this when it's too....late. Y/n was my first, and I hate to admit it but sooner or later she'll be my last.

But.....

If Jungkook doesn't realize it sooner or later, he's gonna lose her. Because.....

"If he fails to take care of her properly, I will..."
_______________________________
Thanks for reading 😊
Hope you guys are enjoying the story.
There are a lot of events to be unfolded soon. 😁👍🏻