90

Lila Mendes
-two years later

"Haven! Babe are you ready for bed time?" I leave mine and Shawn's room and I make my way to his room.

We bought a new home before Shawn went on tour eight months ago. He came back for two weeks after each leg was done but I still missed him. He finally came home a week ago but he was out tonight with the boys.

"Can I sleep with mummy?" Haven sits up in his Spider-Man onesie. I nod reaching out for him and he easily goes into my arms.

"Daddy home?" He asks me as we go back to my room. I sigh putting him on my side of the bed. "Not yet" I kiss the top of his head.

"Now, listen to me carefully, okay?"

He nods looking up at with his glimmering eyes. "I'm gonna put on Spider-Man and I'm going to pee. Stay here. Got it?"

"Got it" he nods sitting back, melting into the the plush white pillows. I give him a quick kiss then go to the bathroom, I left the door a little open just in case.

"Okay. I got this" I take out the pregnancy test from under the sink and I sit on the toilet reading the instructions.

Me and Shawn promised we'd try when he was back from tour. We had sex maybe four weeks ago when he came home for a week but I didn't think I'd get pregnant so quick.

I peed on the stick then put it down, along with putting a timer on for five minutes. "Mummy?" Haven runs into the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I wash my hands then turn to him.

"What you doing?" He asks me. "Just some big girl stuff. You wanna sit and wait with me?" I ask sitting down on the floor, he quickly makes himself comfy between my legs, leaning his back against my chest.

I kiss the top of his head, then use my fingers to run through his messy curly hair. His small hands clutch the giraffe in his hands, a few sniffles escaping him.

"Have you got the sniffles bubs?" I ask softly.

"Yeah. Sniffles like daddy" he giggles, "Will daddy make it better?" He asks me. "Of course he will. He always makes me feel better-oh" I sit up, moving haven out the way. I lean over the toilet and there it was. The sickness.

"Ew" haven steps away. I let a little more out then get up, grabbing some tissue to wipe my mouth. "Yucky" haven giggles tiredly.

"Let me brush my teeth" i chuckle, taking my tooth brush to quickly brush my teeth and get rid of the sickly taste in my mouth. Haven sits back down on the floor, waiting for me patiently.

That's when my timer goes off.

I take a few deep breaths then take the test. "What's that?" Haven pats my leg.

My heart picks up the pace, a giddy feeling rising in me. The positive sign was clear. I'm having another baby.

Out of pure joy I sweep Haven up in my arms, showering him in kisses. He giggles pressing his small hands against my cheeks.

"What is it?" He asks me with a huge smile.

"You can't tell daddy" I tell him, walking back into the bedroom. I get in bed, putting the positive pregnancy test in my draw then I put Haven on my lap.

"No tell daddy?"

"It's going to be a surprise. You know how auntie Carmen has two babies?" I begin and he nods slowly. "Well now mummy is going to have two babies. So you're going to be a big brother" I tell him, the smile on my face not falling.