21

Lila Hamilton
-home

"You can go home, it's fine" I insist but trying not to sound desperate.

"It's like you want me to leave babe" Jasper scoffs settling beside me. "Well I have a headache and you're watching the game so loud, go watch it at Eli's maybe" I suggest but I should've known he'd take it the wrong way.

"Seriously Lila what's you're problem-"

I'm then saved from his hounding when his phone rings loudly. "Ugh I'm going to the kitchen" he gets up huffing.

"Leon? What's up?-" he trails off. Meanwhile I grab the remote turning the volume down and I grab my phone just to text Carmen that I'm okay and catch up my dad up, he shares his concern and it spreads sadness through me that I couldn't being myself to tell him what had happened with Jasper.

As I'm about to put my phone down it begins ringing loudly and an unknown number pops up. I press answer bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Lila?" I instantly recognise the angelic voice saying my name.

"Shawn?" I whisper. "How'd you get my number?" I ask, glancing back to the kitchen door to make sure Jasper wouldn't walk in but the sounds of his shouts it seemed he'd be there a while.

"You gave it to me when we erm- you know a while ago"

"Oh" I let out. "Why're you calling now then?" I ask confused.

"Wanted check up on you"

"I'm fine. You?"

"Good"

The next few moments were filled with silence and just our breathing. I don't even realise I'm crying till I feel it run down my chin. I sniffle wiping away my tears.

"Lila, you want your medicine?" Jasper shouts. "Hmm Yeah please!" I answer back.

"Was that Jasper?" Shawn asks. The same jealousy hinted in his voice when he read that text from my phone. "It was. I have to go" I tell him.

"Okay... take care Lila" he doesn't end the call yet. "You too. Bye Shawn" I breathe out deeply then end the call just as Jasper walks in. He hands me a glass of water and the pack of pills.
"Wanna watch a movie?" He asks. I nod putting the glass down. He scoots closer to me putting his arm around me.

"I'm sorry about before" he mumbles as I flick through Netflix. "It's okay" I whisper. He pulls me into him and kisses the top of my head.

-
"I'm not going to dance, I promise. I just want to go in and see a few of my clients. That's all" I attempt to compromise with Jasper. "Babe, nurse said resting" he chuckles walking past me as he gets ready for the day.

"I know but I won't be doing anything. I'll just be sat there"

"Fine go but if something happens don't blame me" he presses his lips against mine. I quickly pull back but he clearly thought I was joking, he leans back down into me.

"Why're you being so clingy?" I huff getting up. "Just want you to know you're mine" he says walking away so casually. I roll my eyes and start my day.

On the way to work I got so lost in my thoughts that the fifteen minute journey felt like two minutes. How could Jasper not think this was his fault? He hurt me, physically but then again why didn't I say anything? I felt like a coward and such a mess. Then on the flip side I was worrying for Shawn, I know I shouldn't be but he looked so torn and tired.

If I had told someone about my situation they'd ask why I haven't spoken up? The answer is that I'm scared, genuinely scared of the possessive and aggressive man. And then question number two; why was I so calm about seeing Shawn? Well...

I put myself in Grace's shoes. If my fiancé told me he had found someone better than me a week before the wedding I would be in bits. I could've told Shawn to stay, asked, begged and pleaded for him to let her go but he's too kind of a human. Also I second guessed my love for him, how could I have fallen so quick? Was it a 'pre-mature' love? Was I just caught up in emotions because I hadn't felt wanted in so long and he made me feel so special?

That's why I'm not mad or even remotely angry at him, he's a literal saint.

I unlock the studio walking in, truth is I had already messaged all the bookings I had for the week and cancelled. I just had to get away from Jasper. I felt safe here, my own little paradise.

So I trotted along to the speaker and connected my phone to play Jorja Smith feat Stormzy Let Me Down. As the songs plays I twirl freely, my hands going up my sides and in the air. It wasn't really a song to dance to but I loved it.

I let myself be free as I just moved around how my body wanted me to and it felt so good. Despite the minimal thumping at the back of my head I let myself go. Letting my eyes shut, I could feel the vibrations on the floor, the beautiful voices fill my ears. As the song came to a stop I stop in my tracks letting my eyes flutter open. My breathing slightly unstable.

"You look beautiful"

I turn around and my head tilts to the side, a smile automatically playing on my lips at the sight of Shawn ahead of me. He claps excitedly and walks towards me.

"What're you doing here?" I ask him.

_
Are you ready for Shawn's pov in the next chapter?