31

Lila Hamilton
- home

I park up my car and stay for a minute. Now I'll have to turn my phone back on, see what everyone's been saying. I'll have to face Shawn, who I've not stop thinking about for the last month.

"Come on Lila" I tell myself taking a deep breath and finally get out my car.

"Hey! Lila right?" Some man literally runs up to me with his phone in his hands. "Yes, can I help?" I ask clinging onto my bag. "Where did you disappear to? Have you spoken to Jasper? Are in a relationship-"

"Hey! Get away from her prick!"

The man quickly scrambles away. "Eli" I drop my bag going into his arms. "We've missed you" he squeezes then pulls back to grab my bags. "Carmen is literally crying in your bed" he chuckles.

"Oh god" I shake my head feeling overwhelmed now. "Come on"

I follow Eli into the lift and he presses the button. "You look well Lila... I don't want you to be in any shock or anything so I'll tell you now we moved out all Jaspers things and erm Shawn is here too" he says gently. I nod not knowing how to reply.

"Just nod at me if it gets too much and I'll take Carmen and we'll leave. We understand"

"Thanks, I couldn't have asked for better friends" I smile. The lift then opens and he lets me go first. "Should be open"

I twist the handle walking into my apartment, it looked the same, just a little more tidy which I'm guessing was down to Carmen.

"Oh Lila" the blue eyed girl runs over to me and I trap her in a hug. I close my eyes holding her tight. "I gave that asshole an earful, trust me he'll never go near you again" she says in my ear.

"I love you" I chuckle in the middle of a cry. "God I love you too, I'm happy you're okay now" she pulls back. I look around for Shawn but there was no sign of him.

"He's in the kitchen. Literally sweating because of how nervous he is" Carmen whispers. "The dude literally texted me every day for updates on you, he came here a lot too which we let him and I hope you don't mind... he missed you" Eli informs me.

I move past them and wipe my hands on my jeans, my heart racing. I open the door silently, barely making a noise and he doesn't move. His muscly back facing me as he leans over the island with a drink in his hands. I slowly go towards him and now, I'm thinking with my heart.

My arms wrap around his torso and I rest my head on his back. At first he flinches then slowly turns around so my head is on his chest. His arms go around me and his head tilts against mine, not saying a word.

"Fuck" he mumbles, choking out a cry. "I missed you so bad Lila" his lips repeatedly kiss the top of my head. I try to hold it together but I end up with tears rolling down my face.

Finally, I look up at him. His eyes swollen and red, his skin blotchy and lips dry.

"Are you okay?"

I let out a smile nodding as I lean up kissing his cheek, leaving my lips to linger there on his warm skin a little longer then I pull back.

"I- I had so much I wanted to say to you and now I c-can barely speak" He rasps. "This is perfect. Don't say anything" I lean back into him and he holds me close. I missed him holding me so much.

"Hey" Carmen peeks her head through the door. "Come on" She ushers is over with her hand. I pull back first and then he does.

"Can I hold your hand?" He asks quietly. "You don't have to ask" I lace my cold hand with his warm, large hands.

I lead him back to the living room and Eli hands us both a glass of champagne.

"To change and Lila being home" Carmen beams putting her glass up. We toast and I take a sip then put my glass down.

Shawn slips his arm around my waist and I lean into his side naturally. "You need to catch me up on all I've missed" I say on a happier note, taking a seat on the sofa and Shawn sits beside me. I sit a little forward and he sinks back with his arms around me and I keep a hand on his thigh. I don't think I could ever stop touching him now.

"No, come on tell us about you" Eli insists. "It's not about me, come on" I encourage them, not wanting to talk about my days when I cried all day or the nights I couldn't sleep.

"Okay well we've got a date for the wedding-" and then Carmen goes on about the wedding and planning. As she talked Shawn didn't say anything, all he did was hold me.

Two hours passed and Eli and Carmen were ready to go home. I give them both hugs as they leave and Shawn was eager to pull me back into a hug when it was just us two left.

"Will you please stay with me?" He asks as he kisses the crown of my head. "Stay with you?" I ask confused.

"For tonight, please Lila"

I look around my apartment and I mentally wince remembering Jasper clearly being here. "Okay" I nod.

"Okay... I'll get your bag" he smiles down at me. It was already packed so he puts it over his shoulder and we walk out.

"I'm glad you said yes, I'm slow cooking ribs" he says making me laugh, an actual, genuine laugh.