56

Lila Hamilton
- January 7th

"I love you" Shawn pecks my lips. "I love you too" I smile warmly, we get out the car. Hand in hand as we go into the small building. It was so extra but we we're paying for a private doctor and it honestly calmed my nerves for some reason.

"Lila Hamilton" I tell at reception. Shawn squeezes my hand making me look up at him but I'm called again.

"Just through the double doors to your right, Doctor Oslo should we be ready for you" she smiles. "And fill these out please and hand them here when you're done" she hands me a clipboard and pen along with some papers.

Shawn leads the way to the room and opens the door letting me go first.

"Miss Hamilton, nice to meet you. I'm doctor Oslo" he smiles getting up. "Hi, Lila is fine" I shake his hand.

"And the father I presume?" Oslo asks. Shawn nods shaking his hand "Shawn" he tells him.

"Okay, well Lila and Shawn are we ready?" He asks. "I guess so" I chuckle nervously.

I'm told to lie down, Shawn sits beside me watching everything and listening carefully. I lift my shirt for him to put the cool gel on my stomach and then the wand is pressed to my skin.

I keep my eyes on the screen waiting for something.

"So you're around five weeks, six at the end of this week. There we go" he points the screen. "The baby is the size of an orange seed"

I giggle out of excitement, the tiny little circle on the screen. "A baby orange" Shawn kisses my hand repeatedly.

"An orange seed" I correct facing him. He sends me a quick wink then presses his lips to the back of my hand and he keeps them there.

"Would you like pictures?"

"Yes" we both say making the doctor chuckle. "I'll have that done" he nods and starts wiping down my stomach. "So right now the brain, spinal cord and heart have started to develop. At the eight to nine week check up we're hoping the baby is the size of a raspberry, we'll be able to see facial features and possibly the heartbeat" Oslo explains.

I knew Shawn wouldn't be here for that and of course it saddens me. I look over at him and he quickly wipes a few tears.

"Shawn-"

"I'll be outside for when you're done honey" he kisses my cheek then rushes out the door.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah erm he's going to be away for a little while" I say sitting up. "Oh hopefully everything turns out the way it should" he smiles handing me the small envelope with the pictures.

"Thank you" and with that I walk out the room. "I finished that questionnaire and gave it in, we can go" he tells me. I nod reaching out for his hand.
-

As soon as we get home Shawn sticks the sonogram onto the fridge smiling at it with pride. I go up behind him hugging around his waist.

"We're going to be okay" I kiss his tense back.

"I know babe" he sighs. "But I can't help but feel I'll miss out"

I frown to myself. I hated he was feeling like this. My body goes in front of him, his hands on my waist and mine on his shoulders.

"It's only a month then I'm with you remember-"

"But then you'll have to come back home"

"I know but you're not missing out. I'm going to call you everyday, I'll FaceTime you at the doctors and I'll send you pictures of my tummy even though I'm not showing yet" I chuckle lightly. "But babe-"

"Stop it" I cut him off. "I don't want this negative energy around our baby" I poke his chest playfully making him laugh a little.

"And just think about when you'll be done with tour. This one is small, only seven months and you're flying back home for a week between some shows. Then when it's over you'll be here the same time the baby is here" I say positively.

"What if you fall?"

"I'm a dancer, I'm good on my feet" I say jokingly.

"Or you miss me?" A sad pout on his lips.

"I am going to miss you" I lean up, his nose nudging mine to make me level with his lips. "Lila?" He whispers against my lips. I hum flickering my eyes up to his.

"I'm already in love with the baby" he admits. "Me too. Isn't that crazy? He's the size of an orange seed and we love him" I say softly.

"Him?" He smirks against me. "Yeah, don't you feel like it's going to be a boy?" I ask kissing the side of his lips teasingly.

"Hmm our orange seed is a boy?"

"What?" I giggle. "You think it's a girl?" I ask.

"I hope so" he says honestly. He leans down gripping my thighs and I jump up onto him as he places me on the counter. Immediately, his lips on mine. My eyes shut, hands find their way around the back of his head.

He hums into my mouth so I open up a little more. "I love you"

I giggle pulling back, out foreheads touching. "I love you too" I peck his nose. "Now lets watch a movie or something, I'm tired"

"Let's go to bed then" he picks me up swiftly. "No! I wanna watch something!" I whine but he doesn't listen. I'm put down on the bed and he's quick to lay between my legs and tug my shirt up.

"You could've done this on the sofa" I chuckle as I watch him adorably kiss my stomach again and again. "Yeah but you would've been distracted" he says kissing lower dangerously low.

"Baby, not now" I shuffle up. "Hmm now" he insists.

"But I'm tired" I huff. "You don't have to do anything, let me" he winks.