50

Lila Hamilton
-June 1st

"Oh my" I walk into the bridal room seeing Carmen all ready. Call me biased but she's the most stunning bride I've seen. It made my chest tighten that the day had come so soon, adulthood was fast paced and I felt like I've only just started my journey.

"He's out there right?"

I laugh nodding. "Of course he is. Carmen, you look beautiful" I start tearing up.

"No don't cry please, Mum did and I did too" she sobs out. I pull her into a hug, holding on tightly. "You deserve this Carmen, all the happiness in the world"

"I feel so lucky with Eli, you must feel the same with Shawn"

"I do" I nod pulling back. Three knocks at the door make me pull back. Carmen's mum walks in all excited. "Let's walk you down the isle then!"

"You go find Shawn, I need my maid of honour out there" she squeezes my hand. I nod giving her another hug then I was out the room. Carmen chose a beautiful blush pink slip dress for me to wear and I matched it with black heels and the jewellery Shawn got me. Also simple makeup and my hair was down and curly.

"Been looking for you everywhere!" I hear Shawn exclaim behind me. I turn around looking at him in awe. He had to stay at Eli's and Carmen stayed with me for the night.

He opens his arms and I hug him tightly. "You look so handsome"

"Thanks baby" he kisses the top of my head. "And you look beautiful, as always" he winks linking his arm around mine as we walk towards the arched doors of the chapel.

"We're ready for you" we get nodded at.

I squeeze around Shawn's arms as we walk down the isle, this gave me daydreams about my wedding, with Shawn hopefully.

"This is fucking scary" Shawn whispers making me laugh. "I know" we stop at the end and he gives me a quick peck on the cheek before he walks over beside Eli squeezing his shoulder.

As Carmen walks down the isle, i look over seeing Shawn hand Eli a tissue. He refuses then takes it. I felt my chest tighten. Weddings, if you don't cry you're a psycho.

Shawn looks over at me. "Don't cry" he mouths, eyes softening as I wipe my own tears. "I'm happy" I say back.

Throughout the whole ceremony Shawn would give me cheeky glances, wink at me and just simply smile. I felt giddy. Watching my best friends get married and look so happy made me want that. I know it'll come in good time.

-
"My love" Shawn hands me a glass of some expensive champagne. He had slipped his blazer off and was left with a simple white shirt on, a few buttons undone. Just how I liked it.

"Thanks" I smile up at him. "You guys should have a dance" Eli encourages us. "Yeah go on, my dancer best friend isn't going to dance?" Carmen giggles, she was just slightly tipsy.

"Well?" I ask Shawn. "Oh I'd love to dance with you" he winks down at me sending my knees weak. I down the champagne and he puts his hands out to me. Head tilting to the side, a smug smile on his eyes.

I take his hand he spins me into him making me giggle in happiness. Then he lifts his arm and I twirl under it then I'm right in front of him. My hands on his chest and his hands on my waist.

"You're learning" I say impressed. "Well I don't just watch you dance because I find it sexy" he chuckles teasingly. We dance in silence for a few moments then Shawn speaks up.

"I met you a year ago today"

I look up at him in shock that he had remembered. "Really?"

"Hmm most beautiful woman on earth" he spins me gently then brings me back in.

"We should celebrate" he grins. "We should" I bite down on my bottom lip.

"How about a dog?" He asks excitedly, like a child. I laugh shaking my head no. "No way"

"Why not? Imagine a cute little white husky, running around in our apartment-"

"We still don't live together" I chuckle. "Well move in with me. Nearly all you stuff is at mine, the bathroom is filled with your stuff, the coffee you like is in my cupboards and your hair is everywhere" he says, making some very good points. "I'll get your stuff moved within two days"

"Two days? You want me that bad?" I tease.

"I do" he nods. His innocent eyes looking right into mine. "Okay but that still doesn't mean we're getting a dog"

"But we have to celebrate!" He whines. Pouting at me adorably making my heart skip a beat. "I was thinking more like we could go home and have some wine, listen to some music..." I lean near his ear so my lips brush his skin.

"I could strip for you. Do whatever you want me to, all night"

His breath hitches and his hands tighten around my waist. "We'll talk about the dog later. Go say bye to Carmen and Eli. We're going home"

I nod and grin, I turn away and Shawn quickly hits my bum making me cheeks heat up. We quickly say bye to Eli and Carmen, congratulating them again. And then Shawn and me jump into a taxi. His hand had pushed up dress, fingers softly massaging my inner thigh. I hum softly into his ear and my lips find his neck.

"Fuck, the things I'm going to do to you" he whispers. "What things?" I ask teasingly.

"Whatever I want"

More teasing goes on as we head home. I pay and then Shawn pulls me out the taxi. Next thing you know I'm backed up against the wall. One leg hooked on Shawn's waist as he grinds into me.

"Babe please" I whisper desperately. He pulls back and I grab his hand ready to take off for the bedroom but he pulls me back and I stop walking.

"Where do you think you're going?" He tuts. "I-"

"Get on the counter love"

I look up at him surprised. "Go, do I have to ask twice?" He smirks. I shake my head no slipping past him. "We need a condom" he mutters.

"There's one in my bag" I tell him. I hear him rush away. I sit up on the counter grabbing a bottle of wine, feeling a rush of adrenaline.

"Lila?" Shawn calls.

"I'm waiting!" I shout back giddily. But then he walks in, looking slightly frustrated with an opened letter in his hands.

"What's the matter?" I hop down walking over to him but he steps away and I feel my heart break. "That" he throws the letter on the counter.

"Well do I have to guess what it is?" I ask chuckling lightly. "You know what it is, don't play dumb" He scoffs.

"I swear I don't" I mumble. I turn away reaching for the letter.

"You can sleep on the sofa" his voice bitter as he walks away.