20

Lila Hamilton
- hospital

"You scared me so bad!" Carmen rushes in. "Sorry" I let out a small chuckle giving her a tight hug. I had just woken up, I had been here for three hours and was knocked out. The minute I woke up I saw Shawn beside me but I didn't have time to say anything as the nurse rushed in telling me I had a minor concussion and then Carmen came in.

"Oh Shawn?" Carmen asks confused. "Hey" he smiles a little. "He brought me here" I speak up.

"Oh" Carmen lets put sitting beside me. I knew she wanted to know why he was here or why I was here but I was literally too dazed to talk about what had occurred.

"Hey Lila, how're you feeling now?" The nurse asks walking back in with a tray of food. "Yeah I'm good" I nod giving her a small smile.

"That's perfect, I just wanna talk you through what we found, nothing major" she says. I nod and Carmen takes my hands gently and I feel Shawn's eyes on me.

"So you hit your head but luckily nothing major, you might feel dizzy that's all and also the way Shawn was describing your state we want to say you had a panic attack, is there a reason you were maybe not feeling too good?" She asks me.

I gulp feeling my throat hurt. I shake my head no.

"Okay" she nods softly. "And we found minor bruising forming around your neck, did you hurt yourself or anything like that?"

Again I shake my head no. It's like my body was rejecting the truth.

"Are you sure?"

Carmen squeezes my hands gently as to let me know I could say what I needed but I didn't. "I'm sure"

"Okay well I'm sending you home soon and just to take precaution I want you to just relax at home and take it easy, take an ibuprofen if you're feeling down"

I nod showing that I understand then she walks out leaving me, Carmen and Shawn.

Carmen stands in front of me with a sad look on her eyes. This girl was like my sister, I had a feeling she knew.

"How did you get those marks Lila?" She asks me. "I don't know, maybe I fell asleep with a necklace on" I shrug.

"Lila-"

"Hey leave her alone" Shawn cuts in stepping towards me. "You" Carmen squints her eyes at him. "Why were you with her?"

"I-I wasn't. I was meeting my manager who lives in that complex, I was leaving and saw Lila and she fainted so I brought her here" he explains.

"Right" Carmen nods. After a few moments of silence she speaks up again. "Where's Jasper?"

I never thought the day would come when I would shiver at the name of someone who was my friend and now my boyfriend. I guess I never really knew him, I had never spent real alone time with him and now that I have I regret it so much.

"I-I don't know" my eyes avert down to my hands.

"Jesus, you've gone so pale" Shawn moves closer and places the back of his hand against my forehead unexpectedly making me slightly jump. "Why're you so jumpy Lila?" Carmen sits beside me.

"I'm-I just fainted guys, of course I'm going to be a bit on edge" I try to play it off but I could tell they weren't buying it.

Shawn nods awkwardly moving away. My mind flickers to when he would hold me whilst we danced and I felt relaxed in his arms.

"I'll call him" Carmen gets up. I couldn't even stop her, so she leaves me and Shawn.

He sits at the end of the bed looking down at his hands. His hair flopping down, he still didn't look okay. The public scrutiny he was facing must have him in bits.

"Erm-" I clear my dry throat. "Thanks for bringing me here"

Shawn looks my way, his lips pulling at a smile. "No worries, I still care for you" his voice wonderfully raspy.

He cares for me. Still. He always cared for me? My heart couldn't resist and it fluttered maybe twice or more.

"Shawn?"

He hums keeping his hazy eyes on me. "Are you okay?"

Then he smiles, like no one has asked him if he was okay, like I was he only one to ask, the only one to care.

But before he answers the door opens and Carmen walks back in, Jasper following behind her. He quickly walks past her and straight to me. I hold my breath and my chest tightens when his hands cup my jaw.

"You had me worried" he whispers. Then his lips press a kiss to my lips but god did I hate the feeling. I clench my eyes shut waiting for him to pull back and when he finally does I felt disgusting.

"You can go" Jasper tells Shawn. Shawn looks over at me as to tell him to stay but I was scared for my life, if I had told him to stay then what?

So I look away like a coward.

"Go, she doesn't want you here" Jasper lets out harshly. "Jasper" Carmen gasps.

"Carmen you can go to, Lila doesn't need all this noise" he shoots. "Lila?" Carmen calls.

I look up at her feeling so incredibly guilty. "It's okay go, I'll call you tonight"

She nods and leans into me giving me a hug. "Get well soon" she smiles warmly. I nod letting her go. I watch as she leaves the room then Shawn grabs his jacket walking out, I couldn't move my eyes from him.

But just as he looks back Jasper grasps my jaw and pulls me for a kiss.