15

Lila Hamilton
- Thursdays lesson
Song recommendation; Elvis Presley, can't help falling in love

"I don't think he'll show up" my eyes fixed on the doors of the dance studio. It was a new day but my feeling were still the same, I can't just wipe them away.

"If he does he'll be drooling over you, you look incredible" Carmen squeezes my hand. I look over at her sighing. "Thank you, you've been so-"

"Don't Lila, if it was the other way round I know you'd be here for me" she smiles. I lean over the console as we share a tight hug.

"The dickhead showed up" Carmen whispers. I hold on for a few more seconds not wanting to look. "Alone?" I ask.

"Alone" she nods. I pull back but I still can't bring myself to look. "He looks handsome, don't let yourself fall for it. He broke your heart without even trying" she says.

I nod huffing. "I'll see you later, I have a feeling we'll be going out for drinks tonight" Carmen chuckles. "I have that same feeling" I agree with her then step out the car.

"You got this Lila" she says as I shut the door. I turn around and walk up to the double doors. My eyes spot Shawn, he did look handsome, wearing a navy shirt and black jeans paired with his classic boots. He was leaning against the wall just looking around.

I gulp pushing open the door. The clear noise of my heels hitting the floor making his head pop up like a meerkat. I chose to wear my white strappy heels and a short pale yellow dress. I was comfortable dancing in heels but Carmen also said I looked great in them.

"Hi" he speaks up. I don't dare look over at him. "Hey" I say lowly walking over to the speaker.

I take a few deep breathes. "Last one today, so erm don't talk and just concentrate on the dance" I say fixing up the music with my trembling fingers. I wander what he was thinking right now.

"Lila-"

"The song is starting" I cut him off. I finally turn around and he's just a few steps away from me. He puts his hand out to me and I take it with an audible sigh escaping my lips as his soft hand engulfs my smaller one.

He pulls me forward gently, now I'm face to face with his lips which is obviously just what I needed right now. His spare hand goes around my waist, resting like it was meant to be there, like my waist was his to hold.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?

As he takes his first step and guides my body, I find myself getting lost in the music and lyrics that fit this so well. Lost in the way he moves, the way his hands are controlling me and legs are brushing mine.

Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
Like a river flows surely to the sea

My throat tightens when both his hands go around my waist, pulling me closer, his hot breath breathing cooly on my lips, his hard chest pressed against me.

Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too

His long fingers run up my arm, then back down to my fingers. He steps back and lifts his arm so I could twirl under it. He does this twice then I spin back into his arms, my back pressing against his front. Now he's breathing on my neck, his nose nudging my skin. 

For I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too

My body sways side to side with his perfectly, as we move my eyes flicker down to his large hands that had encased around mine so well. Then my tears start flowing down my already hot cheeks. It felt like all emotions had hit me. I sniffle fairly loudly and he turns me back around. His hands go to my thighs so I'm lifted slightly. My body slides down his, my dress bunched up a little, his right thigh between my legs from stopping me from falling and my two palms pressed against his chest, my forehead leaning against his shirt and my eyes flutter shut.

For I can't help falling in love with you

The song ends with impeccable timing, I let out a cry into his chest. His arms wrap around me and his head tilts against mine.

I swear I could hear his heart beat quicken and I'm sure he felt mine. Could he feel the butterflies in my tummy that were absolutely terrified to flap their wings for him?

"Lila, please stop crying" he whispers hoarsely. His voice cracked and raspy.

"I can't" I hiccup. My fists bawl up and scrunch his shirt between my fingers. Then I'm lost. My fists start to harshly hit his chest as I pour out endless tears.

"Why- would-would you do that to me?" I say between fits of cries. "You lied to me" my fists getting more aggressive but I knew I wasn't hurting him as he stood completely still letting me hit him.

Finally, finally I look up at him. He blinks slowly letting tears escape his gorgeous eyes but there weren't near enough tears that I had.

"You don't understand how much- how much you h-hurt me" I struggle to get out. My eyes burn with tears, my eyes blur but even then he looked like an angel in the flesh.

"I love you" I let out. My cheek presses up again his chest. My body quivering and gone cold, my lips parted as I cry and eyes tightly shut.

He just holds me silently but I feel him flinch and breath hitch when he squeezes my body but he moves back releasing me. I slowly let go of his shirt and wipe my cheeks.

"I'm really sorry Lila" he whispers wiping his eyes quickly.

His lovely eyes looks over me once more before he turns around.

"Shawn?" I call. He turns around quickly. His red, sore eyes boar into mine.

"I hope you have a lovely wedding"

And with that he turns around and leaves.

_
Did you cry because I did 🤧