4

Lila Hamilton
-Boxing match

"Red wine eh?" Carmen nudges me. "Then what happened?" She asks.

"We left!" Eli exclaims. We were all in the training room with Jasper as he prepared for the match. "And then?" She asks me.

"Nothing. We had the wine and he left because you came to pick me up remember" I tell her.

"Oh yeah" she sighs. She flops down on Eli's lap and hands him a beer.

"You guys kissed?" Jasper asks whilst some guy massages his arms. He was completely shirtless standing in front of me, he was very good looking, he had the body of a Greek god.

"No! I'm not interested in him" I chuckle taking a sip of my water. "That's what you say now" Carmen rolls her eyes.

"Okay enough of this" Jasper huffs. He got awfully nervous before his games and he only ever wanted one person in the room and that was always Eli.

"Should we all leave?" I ask. He nods and we all get up. "Good luck out there man,you got it" Eli hugs him then so does Carmen.

"Hey Lila? Could you stay a second?" He asks gulping. "Yeah sure" I nod staying stood up. The door shuts and it's just us two left.

I could see how anxious he was getting about. "Hey, you're going to beat the shit out of this guy" I walk towards him placing my hands on his muscly shoulders.

"He's tough" he huffs looking right into my eyes. "Well you're even tougher. You got this Jasper. You're fucking crazy talented, don't ever doubt it" I say honestly.

A small smile appears on his face and he moves closer slightly tilting his head, his eyes focused on my lips then eyes.

"You're going to win, I know it"

Fuck why did I whisper? I'm not nervous at all around him. He's just getting really close.

He then pulls me in and for a second I panic but his arms go around me and I'm engulfed in a hug. His bare body pressed against me.

"Thank you Lila" he mumbles, his hand going to the back of my head to keep me close. "It's all you" I rest my head on his shoulder just letting him have his moment. I let him do this because I know sometimes you just need a hug.

"Okay I'm good" he pulls back. "Good, I'm gonna go find my seat okay? I'll see you out there" I tell him.

"I'll keep an eye out" He grins. I walk out the door and take a few deep breathes then brush it off as nothing.

-
"To Jasper!" Eli shouts holding his champagne glass up. We all clink our glasses and drink, celebrating jaspers win. He was beyond happy and it was visible as he talked with Eli and a few others.

"God that was mad" Carmen says giddily pulling me to the bar. "I know right" I chuckle.

"Hey erm when you came out you seemed shaken up, did anything happen?" She asks me. This girl could read me a like book.

"It was nothing" I shrug. "Come on lil" She nudges my arm.

"Okay... I thought he was going to kiss me" I admit. My eyes averting to Jasper laughing so happily.

"Kiss you? Really?" She exclaims. "I don't know why. It was weird. He's never done that" I shrug facing her. She nods for a few seconds then her mouth gapes open.

"What if he's intimidated by that Shawn guy and now he knows it's time to make his move on you because he's been madly in love with you for the last years of his life?" She says very quickly and excitedly.

"Intimidated by Shawn?" I scoff jokingly. "I think I've said this a hundred times. He's just a client and me and Jasper are friends! F-r-i-e-n-d-s" I spell it out making her laugh.

"You never know miss Hamilton" she smirks. "Your partner is supposed to be your best friend and-and with Shawn, what's wrong with a cheeky hookup?" She giggles.

"Everything! And some friends stay friends" I tell her. "Whatever" she rolls her blue eyes.

"The boys are calling us over" she points. I nod grabbing my drink and walk over. Jasper pulls me to his side for a hug.

"Congratulations" I tell him, giving his body a little squeeze. He squeezes back chuckling, obviously already drunk.

"Thanks Lila, your pep talk definitely helped" he grins down at me. Then suddenly his lips move closer and he plants a kiss to my forehead. Never had he ever, ever, ever been so affectionate. Of course my young, hormonal heart grew confused but what he says next eases my mind.

"Give that boy a chance, any man would be lucky to have you"