64

Lila Hamilton
-next morning

A wave of relief washed over me now that Jasper was out of my life. I didn't feel the tiniest bit of sadness loosing a friend of nine years.

This morning felt good, I woke up to Shawn kissing up and down my stomach lazily. His soft giggles and words of love sending flutters right through me.

I guess you really have to get rid of the toxic thing to feel happy, to feel okay. Now, I felt safe. Shawn was home, my baby is okay, we're okay. I know Shawn does have to go back eventually but I'll be going with him this time, at first all negative thoughts filled my head; I'd be distracting him, it's not right for my health and all of the above but without Shawn by my side keeping me sane, it's best if I go with him.

"What're you thinking about?" His hands slowly reaching up my sides. "Just stuff" I shrug.

"What kind stuff?"

"Like, us, that kinda stuff"

"So good kinda stuff?"

"Yes, good kinda stuff" I smile sitting up. Shawn sits up in front of me taking my hands. "I'm taking you out tonight, just to apologise for not being here and not helping you. I had no idea what you were feeling-"

"You're here now and I'm fine" I squeeze his palms gently. His soft eyes wander to my lips.

"We're having a baby" he says in disbelief. I giggle leaning into him. "And we're going to be parents" he adds.

It didn't even feel real.
-

"Thanks honey" Shawn hugs another girl. I stand to the side smiling occasionally.

"Babe, she wants a picture with you" Shawn taps my arm. I nod walking over to them and she takes the picture. It was like twentieth picture of the night and we'd only just stepped out of the car. I lace my hand with Shawn squeezing a little.

"You okay?" He asks me with concern. "Yep, I'll go sit inside"

"No wait, only a few more"

"A few more?" I chuckle glancing back at the line that had formed. "It's fine, take your time" I kiss his cheek and escape inside the dessert bar. "Hi, will you be eating alone today?" The waitress asks smugly.

"No, table for two please" I say politely. "It'll be around fifteen minutes" she then walks away before I say anything. I look around seeing a few empty tables but what the heck, I'll wait.

There wasn't even anywhere to sit. I lean against the wall seeing fans taking pictures of me and I didn't want my picture taken, I was breaking out and my outfit, well let's not go there. I turn to my side sorta blocking myself and my hand goes to my stomach feeling a slight ache.

After fifteen minutes Shawn wasn't done and still no table, on top of that my feet were aching.

"Excuse me" I ask the same waitress. She looks up at me annoyed. "How long for a table? I've been stood there waiting" I tell her.

"Approximately fifteen minutes"

"You said that fifteen minutes ago" I scrunch my brows at her. "I'm sorry but people book in and we have A-listers booking in. You can go sit somewhere else" she replies rudely.

"You see I'm pre- never mind" I scoff walking away. I open the door and Shawn spots me. "What's the matter? I'm done" He speed walks over to me. "I don't want to eat here, let's just go home" I quickly say.

"Why? Is it because I took so long? I'm sorry babe, I know this was supposed to be a date-"

"No it's fine, I don't mind you taking pictures" I sigh. "Are you sure?"

I nod in response. "Well, come on then. We'll eat here and go home" he takes my hand leading me in. I mentally roll my eyes as we approach the waitress.

Her face immediately lighting up. How brilliant?

"Hi, table for two please" he smiles. "Yes this way" she beams leading us to the table, she looks me up and down then focuses back on Shawn.

"Is it okay if I have a picture?" She asks happily. I wanted to throw up right here , on her shoes preferably. Shawn quickly takes a picture then sits beside me. 

"Call me if you need anything at all Shawn" she grins then walks away. This time I roll my eyes annoyed and Shawn laughs. "What was that about?" He asks softly.

"It doesn't- well you see, I walked in here and that waitress kept giving me dirty looks and she told me to wait fifteen minutes. So I'm stood there watching as other people get seated before me and I'm growing tired because- well because hello? I'm pregnant. Then she told me another fifteen minutes and I almost blurted out I was pregnant because I was sick of standing up then she told me that she had a list of A-list people coming in" I blurt out quickly making Shawn's eyes wide.

I sigh leaning back in my chair. "What can I do baby?" He takes my hand kissing my knuckles in attempt to relax me. "You can throw some cake in her face and tell her that they way she treats people shouldn't be affected by who they are!" I exclaim annoyed.

"That was unfair. I can erm talk to the manager if you want, get her to apologise" he suggests. "It's fine. I got it out of my system" I breathe out. Shawn's worried eyes rake over me.

"We should tell people about the baby, that way, maybe, we can get a little space and you won't need to hide it... and I'm so leaving a bad review" he says making me chuckle softly. I lean forward taking his other hand.

"I'm scared to post it but I know we need to... can we wait, just two more weeks, I just need a little more time" I say.

"anything you want but for now you stay offline and I'll deal with it-"

"But-"

"No, promise me you won't go on social media, actually pass me your phone" he tells me. I hand him my phone watching carefully.

"I'm not putting you through any more stress love, I'll log in and post what you want me to. You don't need to see all that crap" he says in disgust. "Hey" I bite on my bottom lip in attempt to suppress my huge smile.

He hums looking up at me with starry eyes.

"I love you"

He grins leaning forward and pecks my lips. "I love you more"