59

Lila Hamilton
- home

"-and Shawn hasn't called me back, I can't eat because everything tastes disgusting and-and  I'm scared" my voice cracks at the end.

"Don't stress, remember it's bad for the baby" Carmen tells me over the phone. "I know, I know- I deleted the voicemail but I need to tell him- should I tell him?"

"I think he'd want to know. Maybe he'll talk to you" she sighs. "Okay, I'll call you later. Love you"

"Love you too" she ends the call and I quickly text Shawn. But before I can I hear tapping against the window. Now, my heart was racing. It was eight pm, dark, rainy and I'm alone. I've watched too many horror films to know this won't end well.

I grab a knife from the kitchen, hopping down from the counter. I take a few deep breathes walking near the large windows that were covered with the curtains. The tapping continues fast, almost matching the beats of my frightened heart.

"Come on Lila" I whisper to myself. I slowly open the curtain and sigh out in relief to see the over grown plant had fallen beside the window.

You see, this is what that psycho had done to me. I'm freaking out.

Me
Hey, I know you're busy but it's really important. I'm really scared Shawn and if you'd just call me so I can talk to you and we can sort things out.

Shawn
What happened?
Are you okay?

Me
No I'm not
Now can you answer the phone?!

Shawn calls me immediately. I bring the phone to my ear and instead of talking I burst into tears. "Why is he doing this?" I sob falling to the side of the bed.

"Lila, babe you have to calm down... breathe with me, if I was there I'd hug you so tight love but I can't so please just listen" his worried voice filling my ears.

"Shawn I-I'm scared" I cry to myself. "Okay, Okay well lets focus on breathing first"

He guides me slowly, softly mumbling sweet words and asking if I'm okay. This went on for five minutes until I could form a sentence without hiccuping.

"I thought you left me flowers but they- they were from him. L-like a hundred red roses in the studio-"

"Did he come up to you?" His voice filled with rage. I knew we had a small argument but he still cared, I cared.

"No-no he wasn't there. He sent me a note, I'll send you a picture of it but I thought he was gone Shawn. What if he- he tries to hurt the baby?" My heart racing with fear. Never had I worried so much. I was scared for my unborn child.

He mutters a few curse words then its complete silence.

"Shawn?" I whisper desperately.

"Lila? It's Andrew"

"Oh hi Andrew. I'm sorry but I really need Shawn right now" I say softly. I hear commotion in the back and it's sending me dizzy.

"I know, I know but he's literally packing his stuff and asking to leave. I heard the conversion and I need you to do as I say, for the safety of the baby and you"

"Anything" I gulp desperately.

"I can get you a lawyer to come to your house, you need to file a restraining order"

"Andrew-"

"I know it's going to be hard but you're having a family, today it's roses, tomorrow it could be worse" Andrew sighs. "Okay" I nod despite him to seeing me.

"Trust me, this is the best decision for you, Shawn and the baby" he says softly. "Yeah, yeah it is. Is Shawn still there?" I ask quietly.

"He's here, Lila, I know this is a lot to ask but please convince him to stay. He needs to or we'll get sued and we'll owe a lot of money" he pleads. "Of course"

After a few seconds of mumbling the phone was handed back to Shawn.

"Shawn?"

"Hmm babe I don't want you to stay alone. Go to my mums or Carmen's" he hiccups and my heartbreaks. "I will. Promise me you'll stay" it hurt saying that. I wanted him home, I don't care how selfish it seemed.

"No you can't make me-"

"Shawn"

"Okay I promise... fuck I'm so sorry honey, I'm so sorry I'm not there and for yesterday, I was just- I didn't even know. I don't have an excuse. I'm just sorry"

"It's okay, I love you" I whisper closing my eyes. I could picture him; somber eyes, tousled hair and pouty lips.

"I love you too" he breathes out.
-

"Thanks again"

"Oh don't worry about it" Carmen scoots beside me. Tonight I was sleeping in her bed, Eli picked me up and insisted he'd take the guest room so we could have some girl time.

"Can you do me a favour?" I ask her. "Anything" she nods.

"You don't have to but will you come with me to work? Then after that I'm meeting the lawyer at home and I'll be honest I'm shitting it-"

"I'll come" she smiles warmly. "I'll be your temporary Shawn" she chuckles. I let out a small laugh then a frown falls on my face.

"No, Lila" she sighs pulling me into a hug.

"It's a lot Carmen" i shakily say trying not to cry. "I know" she rubs my back.

"Why is he back? When I'm happy, with a baby and with Shawn? The perfect job and man. Why?... now the lawyers and-and I feel... I feel alone"